Forums

Help › Forums

St Andrews Ready Go....

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 9 2010 10:47 PM (7 replies)
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 5:05 PM

I know this point has been made by other players but I am so fed up with the continual heavy wind conditions, I feel it is worth stating again.

I live in Scotland and yes it can be windy but for gods sake could we at least play one Ready Go or tournament without heavy winds?

Tonight I played in one, it gave me a +30mph wind down the first and a +25mph wind at the 8th, the rest were played into a 25-35mph cross wind. This is not enjoyable in the slightest. That is after all the purpose of this game - to enjoy it.I have scored a 28 in these conditions, so it's not as if I cannot play well in them. It is a question of enjoyment.

Who cares if the scores get ridiculously low in low or moderate winds? Every player will benefit from them and scoring birdies is so much more pleasurable than fighting off the bogeys.

So please WGT a bit of variety in the St Andrews Ready Go next time you decide to change the conditions.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 9:53 PM

I actually think default winds need to be set to ready go conditions and ready go added 8-10 miles.

I consistenly win sta ready go and would like more challenge

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 7:55 AM

I'd like to see those"High" Winds being the standart at St. Andrews as well. Not that I always win them but I was able to shoot 2 28s in them and nearly a 27. I'd like to see RG Winds going up to 50 mph or something so it gets really tough to score well.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 9:17 AM

My original point was that there should be a variety of wind conditions to play St Andrews in, just as there is in reality. There is afterall a variety of wind conditions and green speeds in the Bethpage and Kiawah ready gos, why not St Andrews?

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 9:50 AM

make em 100 mph, why don't ya ? (with tornado's) when are we getting rain?

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 8:13 PM

tiffer67:

My original point was that there should be a variety of wind conditions to play St Andrews in, just as there is in reality. There is afterall a variety of wind conditions and green speeds in the Bethpage and Kiawah ready gos, why not St Andrews?

Because there is only nine holes?  I would have to assume that when the back nine of St.Andrews is released (June 1) that the back nine and full 18 will vary from each other.

Patience!

Cheers

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 9:36 PM

No problem with the high winds here.  The course offers little defense without them.  I just shot 26 in the Ready Go with a lipped putt on 6 from 13 feet.

I do agree on varying the conditions but I would like to see the winds gust and die a bit on the same hole.  Would be very realistic to hit approach with 17mph in the face only to see it gust to 25 while ball was in the air.

• JulioMoot
    76 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 10:47 PM

did you know that while the winds are strong,lets say the 5th,some ppl have it into them whilst others can have it with them! same tourney,same winds,just different directions :(

food for thought.

JM

RSS