Help › Forums

Suggestions Needed

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 23 2010 7:45 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 11:51 AM

So been a member since 12/30/09, and I expect from my ready go's today I should hit the $400 mark in earnings.  When I hit $200, I bought myself the G10 irons (dont think I want to replace them with the i15's yet).  When I hit the $250 mark, I bought myself some sweet knickers (check the image).  I then got myself the G10 3 wood around the $300 mark. 

So this is kind of a celebration gift.  At my current pace I should also set a personal goal of mine, which is finishing Top 50 in the monthly earnings (currently 40th, but expecting a jump of 2 or 3 spots tomorrow).

So what should I get.  I got the R9 driver, G10 3 wood, G10 irons, 4 wedges (icluding PW) and Randy Daytona putter (I call it).  I have enough Gi2-D balls for the week.  Any ideas.  I have been toying with picking up a dozen Gi-SD balls and making the switch, I think when learned it could get me a stroke or 2 a round.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 12:19 PM

Gauging from your recent posts I do believe your avatar could most benefit from buying a slice of humble pie from the grille room.  Its rather inexpensive and may taste bitter at first, but the benefits have been known to far eclipse online video game performance.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 12:28 PM

I am going to take that as you think I am bragging and arrogant because I posted something I thought was humorous in having multiple hole in ones on the same hole in a short period of time, or that I can shoot 27 then 32 on 9 holes?  Or was it that I told some moron to go F off for posting the same thing on each of the forum folders, or that I offer some advice based on a short period of being on here?  I delved through some of your posts, you might want to take some of your own advice, no bragging, but you seem to play with people on the forums with a high and mighty arrogance.

Am I reading into something not there, or were you actually taking a clever dig at me?

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 2:25 PM

Well, it was a clever dig without malicious intent, but since you asked I'll go deeper into the psychology of the matter.  

Maybe its just my perception, but perhaps you could have posed the question without going through the that-a-boy first?  You know, just listing the equipment you have or asking those to look at your bag and make suggestions on what could improve your gameplay because you feel like buying something new?    Asking everyone to join in the celebration because you passed $400 in career earnings and listing your earnings accomplishments/rewards history seems a bit much.  

Being excited over impressive accomplishments is nothing to be ashamed about.   I get it.  But the competitors that I've always most admired, whether virtually or in real life, have been those who have taken their accomplishments in stride, particularly those that are minor in status.

So that's where I was coming from.  Not trying to pee on your Cheerios just pointing out in a subtle way that perhaps the pomp and circumstance isn't quite necessary, especially when there are those around these parts who aren't in the same boat as yourself and don't have the luxury of going on a spending spree.

And since you mentioned, while I tend to be sarcastic and maybe go too far at times, I also tend not to brag about my in-game accomplishments because I know my good fortune can just as easily turn into a virtual good walk spoiled.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 7:56 AM

Seeing how I dont know you, any clever dig is going to be perceived as having some malicious intent, otherwise why make the dig, therefore I am taking it personally.  Listing a few feeble accomplishments compared to the greats of the game was not overboard in my opinion.  If anything, people might read it as either I am bragging or that its good to set goals and improve your game.  If I dont know the poster, I would assume the 2nd option and give them the benefit if I had any doubt because I know things are completely lost in text translation.  I will be the first to say kudos to the greats, my game is nothing compared to them, so if you prefer,

Have credits, want to make a purchase, what would you suggest?  Please take the time to go into my profile and review my golf bag.

I apologize for describing why I was looking for a purchase as gift to myself for hitting some personal milestones.  I in no way was asking for admiration or anyone else to celebrate my accomplishments,  as a suggestion, you should send WGT an email, telling them to remove the monthly/career earnings, and remove the leaderboards  because seeing peoples accomplishments posted on the first page of WGT may make members feel inadequate as players.  I will also delete this post tomorrow, and post something about the meter problems like everyone else.  I will also delete anything else I have wrote if I mentioned a score, shots, or anything else that might make someone feel bad.

If my reaction is overboard, I apologize, but I think your orginal post was out of line, especially when you mentioned other posts of late, when many of my posts have great admiration of other players.    Perhaps my perception is off as well, but my original post was never intended to down anybody, whereas your response was a purposeful jab at somebody.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 10:28 AM

Buy yourself the car, oh wait, that might take a little longer.  

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 10:37 AM

OaktheToke:

Well, it was a clever dig without malicious intent, but since you asked I'll go deeper into the psychology of the matter.  

Maybe its just my perception, but perhaps you could have posed the question without going through the that-a-boy first?  You know, just listing the equipment you have or asking those to look at your bag and make suggestions on what could improve your gameplay because you feel like buying something new?    Asking everyone to join in the celebration because you passed $400 in career earnings and listing your earnings accomplishments/rewards history seems a bit much.  

Being excited over impressive accomplishments is nothing to be ashamed about.   I get it.  But the competitors that I've always most admired, whether virtually or in real life, have been those who have taken their accomplishments in stride, particularly those that are minor in status.

So that's where I was coming from.  Not trying to pee on your Cheerios just pointing out in a subtle way that perhaps the pomp and circumstance isn't quite necessary, especially when there are those around these parts who aren't in the same boat as yourself and don't have the luxury of going on a spending spree.

And since you mentioned, while I tend to be sarcastic and maybe go too far at times, I also tend not to brag about my in-game accomplishments because I know my good fortune can just as easily turn into a virtual good walk spoiled.

This is why I never wear my Masters green jacket to any WGT functions. I don't want to seem presumptuous.  :)

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 11:55 AM

Could you imagine coming home with a damn maserati from winning it on this game.  I would be rubbing that in my wifes face for playing that SILLY game.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 12:37 PM

neildiamond11790:
    I would be rubbing that in my wifes face for playing that SILLY game.

For sure.....

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 5:49 AM

neildiamond11790:
    Could you imagine coming home with a damn maserati from winning it on this game.  I would be rubbing that in my wifes face for playing that SILLY game.
    Trust me... you don't want to get started down that road.... It'll turn out to be "what did you win me this time??"... dangerous man, just dangerous.

• PAGES
RSS