Forums

Help › Forums

Best Irons set to buy for Pro?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 20 2010 7:57 AM (4 replies)
  • qruch
    3 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 4:43 PM

Hi, i've already bought every single possible thing except the irons and i was wondering which irons would be the best bet for the price. I know the raptures are good but i was looking for something cheaper! any help?

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 5:58 PM

qruch:

Hi, i've already bought every single possible thing except the irons and i was wondering which irons would be the best bet for the price. I know the raptures are good but i was looking for something cheaper! any help?

I've never played the raptures but the primary intrigue of them is the slower swing meter. Which won't get you very far in the Master tier.

To be honest with you the only irons i've played thus far are the WGT pro (which are excellent under pro status; recommended).. the R9 Pro.. which are good but take a while to learn... and the g10 master set.

I wish I had invested in the G10 set as a pro. However the WGT PRO iron set will easily suffice in pro. I shot better with those as a pro than I did the r9.

Of course that was just my experience.

GL.

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 5:59 PM

go with the most precise irons you can afford.  check the irons available to you and look at the precision rating and choose accordingly.

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 5:50 AM
    get Irons with a good trajectory Spin and Precision. The Raptures are my preference for Kiawah but if you can handle the faster swing Meter I recommend that you buy wether the G10s or G15s
  • BillyDeeMarcus
    2 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 7:57 AM

I just bought the G15 irons and driver myself. The fast swing meter doesn't bother me and all of the Master equipment have fast meters so I figure I might as well adjust now. I love them so far . I upgraded from the beginner Rapture driver and WGT Tour Starter irons.

RSS