Forums

Help › Forums

Newbie from Sweden

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 20 2010 2:59 PM (7 replies)
  • Jajja
    4 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 4:30 AM

Hi there! I've just started playing this game and as many else have said in this community...I love it!! If there is someone out there who wants to play a few rounds please notice me..! Altough it's quite hard to play the game the way U want because of the lenght of some clubs, so I have to upgrade my equipment I think :-) How do earn credits? Is the only way to buy them with real money?

Please respond if you guys have a few tips and hints that might be useful for a beginner! I will stay and play this game for a very long time:-) :-)

See U

//Jajja

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 12:27 PM

I was going to advise you to get out before its too late, but it seems your to far gone for that  now. Jajja, there is no way out, say good bye to your love ones, take a long look at your kids(if you have any) because next time you see them they'll be all grown up.                              I started 8 weeks ago,oh ya it starts off  all innocent but then " BAM" the world as you new it will cease to exist . Your world will be split in to two periods "before" and "after" WGT.   I stopped shaving after the third week and haven't answered my front door in a month.    Jajja , would you get a message to the out side, tell them what you've seen and try to organize an escape plan......................OH NO I CAN FEEL A PRACTICE ROUND COMING ON .       WELCOME ,....SKOL TOMMY FARN   ( you know what i mean ) griff

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 12:49 PM

Jajja, i was just wondering if you were a member of the world famous swedish 70s rock group " THE WHISTLING WAITERS"!

• WojciechMigda
    158 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 1:46 PM

Hi,

if you look into the "News" section you will notice the putting and chipping tips being recalled from the past. Also, the Forum Search facility will be you good friend, just look for tips on elevation changes, wind effect, etc.

Also try to spend some effort on making yourself a chart of carry distances of your clubs (there at least one instruction how to do that in the forums). Make notes on your pitch and chip shots distances from different roughs and sand traps - for a start: some wedges go about the same distance when played from a 15-20 sand and 40% rough. Learn how to flop (flop from the sand is one of the easiest shots here - just learn to aim left of the target).

Other than that just practice.

Spela bra !!

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 2:44 PM

Ja and welcome from this part Swedish with a Dutch last name guy! Love to play a round whenever.

Greg.

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 4:36 AM

Hi and welcome - Sending friends request

Mick

• ripp70
    3 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 5:43 AM
    This game is so inconsistent. i cant get a feel or any kind of measure for wind, uphill, downhill. I think this game is a money pit. i just dont see how everyone is posting such low scores, this game is impossible for a beginner. i even tried upgrades they just do not help. Putting is impossible. I just dont get it
  • BigArnL
    851 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 2:59 PM

Hopefully we can get together down the road alil' bit..my relatives moved here from Sweden many years ago..at that time instead of Leedy..the name was spelled Lidi..I'm fairly new also, haven't tried awful hard to meet anyone before this..would rather see how my game is and what I can do to improve upon it..but thank you..I'll gladly take you up on a game down the road a bit!!GoodGolfin'2ya !  BigArnL

RSS