Forums

Help › Forums

i15's vs g10's meter speed

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 17 2010 1:16 PM (8 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 10:28 AM

Let me first state that I really like the performance of the I'15's. 

Apologize for my long winded approach.

But I need to report a couple of observations.  Motoring along the course with the I15's irons in the bag and TM-R9 master driver and 3W;  Having no problems with the minor differences in the meter and hitting the mark or close to the mark all the time.  Then, I go a stretch a holes where I can't hit anything.  How do you describe it, meter is skewed and accelerating so quickly the golf gods couldn't hit it.

Thus I decided to buy the G15 master driver and 3W assuming that the differences in the meter speed is not being influenced by these clubs. 

Now, I have three different meter speeds, Woods and Irons, followed by the wedges, then the putter. 

Being somewhat knowledgeable in software engineering, the parameters that control the meter speed are dependent on the club be chosen. 

Question, are the different meters speeds,  [clubs in the bag], having an impact on the meter speed one is seeing at the time of impact, independent of the club being used.

Is there a cache that needs to be flushed and the player doesn't know when the cache needs to be flush.  I would think this could be handle in the  programming.

The advantage of being able to hit these clubs consistently, then not being able to hit them at all is frustrating.

One of my first rounds with the clubs I shoot a 27. Alright I say to myself, these clubs are great, and I like the trajectory. Then I can't hit them.  Awful expensive to just leave them in the closest to gather dust if the playability is inconsistent.  All I mean by that is the meter speed needs to be consistent, otherwise you don't stand a chance in hitting them.  

Don't like giving to much negative feedback with all the great work you have achieved of late.  But, in my opinion sooner this bug is resolved the better it will be for all.

Hit em straight and knock them stiff

Infi

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 12:13 PM

Ive noticed an inconsistency with the meter with my G-10's with regards to occasional meter acceleration or O.M.A. 

OMA and VINNEY are my favorite ayncronims.  <note spell checker could'nt even handle that last one.

Im sure with a faster meter this could get deadly. I tried the I15 driver and 3 wood. After 1 rnd I went back to the r-9. I know I should have let it ride abit longer, but as you grow older the old hand to eye reflexes begin to suck.  H.E.R.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 12:32 PM

acronyms

@ infinito-So what's the verdict and what did you get that you didn't have already, score wise?

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 12:53 PM

Scorewise, at the present, no difference, long-term, could see a 1.5 stroke difference.

As for performance, the clubs allow me to some interesting approach shots which the G10's are not capable of.

Now, Mr. AvatarLee indicated that in his observations that the overall performance difference was minimal.  That statement had me worried.

I have cleared my cache, as well as the flash cache. 

But, based on my observations there is a significant difference in the 8 iron [145 yd] as well as the 7I performance.  I can do some incredible shots.

My reasoning for the meter once you factor the balls I'm using [Tour GI-SD] the difference in the meter speed should only be minor.   Which one should be able to handle.  As I said, I was having no problems, hitting the dinger or close to it.  Then, someone kick my computer [lol]  and I couldn't hit a damn thing.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 8:57 PM

My "ding %" with the g10s are far and away more than the i15s. I think the meter speed of the i15s are similar to playing with the g10s without the help of a gi ball.

Now I played for a very long time without the gi ball, at the time had the notion it ain't going to help me anyway. Well I finally gave in a few months ago. Found the meter to not only be slower but smoother also.

Fast forward to the i15 trial, same thing I experienced with the g10s without gi help. If someone says there are minimal difference, I would definitely agree with that. Personally haven't heard Lee say that, and he stills plays them and scores quite well, so he must like them a little more than that, but that's only guessing.

I would go the opposite way and say my average is 2 strokes more with them. Really found minimal, that word again, difference in the irons, certainly no shots that I couldn't pull off with my g10s. The 3 and 4 iron are nice, but those shots don't come around that often, so I wasn't going to base keeping them because of the 2% of shots I would face.

If you like them, good for ya, the best player on the site uses them so who am I to argue ;).

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 9:03 PM

Infinito3010:
    One of my first rounds with the clubs I shoot a 27. Alright I say to myself, these clubs are great, and I like the trajectory. Then I can't hit them.  Awful expensive to just leave them in the closest to gather dust if the playability is inconsistent.

I've noticed the same thing Infinito.  First round 28 with them, then wasn't able to get within 3 of center for an entire nine.  Played them day before yesterday in a CTTH.  Dinged 8 shots in a row, then wasn't able to hit center AT ALL for 21 holes!  Weird stuff for sure.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 10:37 PM

Hi ncviz

It is not arguing at all.  Just making an observation based on my experience only.  Everyone who plays this game has their own personal preferences on which clubs to use, what shots to make in a given situation.  Its what gives golf a personality.

Thus, if golf has a personality, then the player making the observation is correct for him / her. 

Generalities is something we can all agree on. 

Hit em straight and knock them stiff

Infinito

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 12:33 PM

Infinito3010:
    Question, are the different meters speeds,  [clubs in the bag], having an impact on the meter speed one is seeing at the time of impact, independent of the club being used.

Meter speed is only dependent upon the ball you're playing and the club you're hitting.  All I15 clubs should be the same speed and all G15 clubs should be the same speed.

There is a minute difference in the speeds of the G15 vs the I15, but the difference is not large enough to warrant it's own speed setting so both sets are grouped at 6 (remember the stats are approximations).  That may be what you noticed when you picked up the G15 driver/3w.  It's also possible that I don't fully understand your question. =)

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 1:16 PM

Dumb as this question may sound, I'll use an analogy to see if I can explain it better.

I have an apple, pear an orange in my bag.  Each with its own characteristics, and each having a specific digestion rate.  Digestion rate translates how fast the meter is. 

Is it possible that meter speeds are some how getting jumbled up when I move from one club selection to another.   I go from a TP master driver, to a wedge then to a daytona putter. I relatively have consistency which I can hit.  Most times you are hitting a wedge into the green.  It is when one is alternating back and forth from the wedges to the irons that I achieve unpredictable results with the driver.   That is what I am saying is there a cache that is not being reset or flushed after each club is used. Especially when the clubs are significantly different wrt to their meter speeds.

If I have TP Master  Driver and 3W, I15 irons, Tour W wedges, and putter.  There is 3 different meter speeds my bag has.

Question is that the putter speed is significantly different than G15's and I15's is it possible that the meter speed is being skewed somehow as a result.

That is what I mean, is there a cache thats not being flushed.  From my original post, I hitting the ball well close to the mark  consistenly, then I run aground and cannot hit or come close to the mark at all.

RSS