Help › Forums

The i15 Master Irons

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 13 2010 8:55 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 5:25 PM

These are superb irons. So very close to the G10. Very close, yet better. Not by much. The 3 and 4 irons are wonderful, the accuracy seems, ever so slightly better and the faster meter is not an issue if one is used to the fast meter of the G10. I am going to buy them.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 5:43 PM

Question SweetiePie, Is there a big drop off when miss-hitting a full backspin on your 7-8 irons like with the G-10;s.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 6:23 PM

danohi50:

Question SweetiePie, Is there a big drop off when miss-hitting a full backspin on your 7-8 irons like with the G-10;s.

I can't say, Big D. They are on rent and I need more review to answer.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 7:26 PM

Keep us posted when u buy em please

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Sat, Apr 10 2010 7:28 PM

nice review sweetiepie tempting to try em out

• Mike3226
    2,683 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 6:46 AM

I got a set of i15's a couple of days ago and they seem to be quite a bit more accurate than the g10'S.  If you miss the mark they dont punish you quite so badly either.  The 7 iron issues of the G10 have not showed up either.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 9:42 PM

I gave them about as much time as I could stomach. Sorry guys, but big thumbs down for me. If they had the same meter speed as the g10s, maybe. With the faster meter it's not even close to being as consistent as the g10s w/ a slower ball. If you're a current g10 player w/ gi-sd balls in your bag and want to try the i15s, just go back normal sd balls and play with your current g10s you will pretty have i15s. Sorry to side with the bitter bunch on this, but the upgrade for the clubs at least isn't really an upgrade at all, downgrade I'll call it.

• SWoods
    62 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:45 AM

ncviz:

I gave them about as much time as I could stomach. Sorry guys, but big thumbs down for me. If they had the same meter speed as the g10s, maybe. With the faster meter it's not even close to being as consistent as the g10s w/ a slower ball. If you're a current g10 player w/ gi-sd balls in your bag and want to try the i15s, just go back normal sd balls and play with your current g10s you will pretty have i15s. Sorry to side with the bitter bunch on this, but the upgrade for the clubs at least isn't really an upgrade at all, downgrade I'll call it.

Roger that!

The slight increase in precision is more than offset by the increase in mishits.

• enderson
    40 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 7:02 AM

ncviz:

I thought the same at first but after many rounds with the i15s the increased precision is definitely there.  The i15 meter with the GI-SDs obviously takes tremendous skill to master and I doubt most will be able to adapt to the point of outperforming the G10 master irons.

If the meter was any slower on the i15s with the GI-SD balls the game would become unbalanced for the elite players.  I think WGT got it just right with these clubs but unless using an inferior meter slowing ball they will not be a fit for the vast majority of players.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 6:35 PM

SP, ncviz, and the rest of people posting feedback, I asked this question in another thread but I wouldn't mind getting your thoughts as well.

So is the G10 meter with a starter ball the same speed as the i15 meter with a GI ball?

And if so than the i15 meter with a GI2 ball is the same as the G10 meter with a GI?  

Still the same bug with the 7 and/or 8 iron falling short when backspin is maxed?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

• PAGES
RSS