Forums

Help › Forums

Anyone else just watching the Masters....

Mon, Apr 12 2010 10:39 AM (22 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 1:33 PM

YankeeJim:

That doesn't work here in Europe either.

Seveking, I'll pin the address to your Wall. However, the 3 channels keep lagging for me, freezing a bit every few seconds. The sound/commentary is OK, but the picture is problematic.

PS: The ESPN channel that started broadcasting at 4 p.m. Eastern time seems to work best. The 3 extra Masters.com channels seem too choppy.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 8:55 AM

Thanks, Faterson, they all work great for me, the picture is very good.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 4:57 PM

Yep, the 3 Masters.com channels seem to have recovered over the weekend and were no longer freezing.

But, there was no Veetle at the weekend, and the CBS channel kept freezing for me every 5 minutes or so, for about 5 seconds with no picture and sound. Still watchable, though. The picture was very blurry, however, compared to Veetle on Friday.

(Hey, what about that twig falling into Mickelson's putt, or Tiger missing a 2ft putt? Weren't they just vemmed?!)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 5:02 PM

Faterson:
    (Hey, what about that twig falling into Mickelson's putt, or Tiger missing a 2ft putt? Weren't they just vemmed?!)

I want to know how many times anybody did what Tiger did on that 1st  par 5 sand trap shot. That was so familiar. Then when he copped the 'tude after missing the birdie and turning the par into bogey because he lost his cool. I think that's where most mice get broken. :-D

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 5:53 PM

YankeeJim:
    Then when he copped the 'tude after missing the birdie and turning the par into bogey because he lost his cool. I think that's where most mice get broken. :-D

It definitely happens lots of times in this game: a short, missed birdie putt, immediately (out of frustration) followed by yet another, absurdly short, missed par putt from a couple of feet away. I've done it, and so have many of my opponents.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 6:24 PM

I'm playing BPB last night and shooting pretty good for me, 5 under after 11 holes.  I get to number 12 and.....

.....then I woke up.

• callawayjay
    46 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 6:47 PM

andyson:

I'm playing BPB last night and shooting pretty good for me, 5 under after 11 holes.  I get to number 12 and.....

.....then I woke up.

That is awesome, I especially like the top view of the hole you created.  But it's really not fair because now I want Augusta on WGT.  I know it would never happen.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 6:47 PM

Andyson... you look good at Augusta National!  So how'd that shot turn out?  Looks like you were aiming left so as not to mis the green.  Hope you didn't pull a "Fred Couples".

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 10:46 PM

Some of your finest work there Andy. That took some time. If only.....

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Apr 12 2010 12:19 AM

Will never, ever happen!  

RSS