Help › Forums

Fescue very much...

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 6 2010 7:07 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 5:22 AM

Am probably in the minority, but I actually look forward to Monday mornings and the NEW weekly tourny offerings.  Week 15's 9 hole unlimited looks an awful lot like Week 14's.  Not a big fan of lost balls, 40 mph winds and 200 foot putts.  All four of the "free" offerings contain "heavy" winds, and two of them are St. Andy's.  While I enjoy the challenge of the new course, I still think this was a boneheaded choice for Week 15.  Maybe I should have had some coffee or beer before I wrote this...

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 8:18 AM

The boneheaded move was to give us St. Andrew's in the first place. I do not enjoy playing it whatsoever.  We must all thank the U.S.G.A. for Oakmont, otherwise we would be stuck with this crap for who knows how long.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 8:29 AM

salamii:

The boneheaded move was to give us St. Andrew's in the first place. I do not enjoy playing it whatsoever.  We must all thank the U.S.G.A. for Oakmont, otherwise we would be stuck with this crap for who knows how long.

I feel the same way with BPB.

It's more of a chore playing that course than fun.   The only hole I enjoy playing on that course is surprisingly the 15th hole.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 9:08 AM

You cannot please all the people all of the time........

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 9:51 AM

I really like all 3 stroke courses. St. Andrews is a great addition and will only get better when they ans the back side, As for the lost balls it can happen at all 3 courses.  

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 10:50 AM

with 52 weeks and only 2.5 courses so far, you will see some overlapping.  I like BPB and St Andrews, but looking forward to the back 9 of st andrews more than the front. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 3:50 PM

It is a bit like forcing one to have fun. The heavy wind and hard fairways at Andy's have required me to become more creative with hit modes, aim points and forced hooks and slices to further compliment my shot choices. I am certain it can only enhance my game. I hope.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 5:14 PM

SweetiePie:
    It is a bit like forcing one to have fun. The heavy wind and hard fairways at Andy's have required me to become more creative with hit modes, aim points and forced hooks and slices to further compliment my shot choices. I am certain it can only enhance my game. I hope.

It certainly does enhance one's game SP, absolutely.  My opinion is based on my own reality check. I have shot below 30 in high winds and normal conditions, 28 once and 29 a couple of times. That's as good as it's gonna get for me, plus the frustration of trying to maintain those scores is not really worth it for me.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 5:32 PM

salamii:
    That's as good as it's gonna get for me, plus the frustration of trying to maintain those scores is not really worth it for me.

Well, Sal everyone knows you can play at the upper level, one of our best. Fact of life. I agree that trying to maintain a certain point in score is never worth the maddness of doing so. It can become a brutal trap that steals the fun of just playing, for fun. And, I might add, that you still have yet to reach your greatness here.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 11:53 PM

I honestly prefer St. Andrews over Bethpage, but that's just me.

• PAGES
RSS