Forums

Help › Forums

New Equipment ?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:24 PM (7 replies)
  • Buzz_Killian
    40 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 9:04 PM

Is there really going to be new equipment added to the Pro Shop soon? - I'm on the edge of buying some credits for some new sticks and don't know if I should wait ?

Regardes Buzz

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 10:07 PM

I don't believe any of us know. Maybe hold off for a week or so...

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 8:31 AM

Hopefully...  As WGT has stated in other threads when the updates(New Clubs, Courses, New Game Options, etc...)  are ready, they will be released.  The best place to get an idea of when this might occur is in the Upcoming Product Releases thread over there------------------------------->

It currently lists new "Clubs & Avatars" in the coming soon section.  What those new clubs are won't be known until they're released.  I wouldn't expect whole new clubsets, last time I believe they added a set of pro level irons and the release before that was a putter.  But you never know, could be something big.

• Buzz_Killian
    40 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 6:59 PM
    So, I'm looking at the two differant Rapture V2 sets for my first set of new clubs. The RV2 Pro appears to be the top suggested "begginer" upgrade. These however don't come with wedges, I'm looking at the Ping Tour W Pro wedges. I'll only have 2 open spaces for wedges, I'm thinking the 60° and the 64° wedges. I'm not sure if leaving out the 54° wedge is the smart thing to do though. The other RV2 set gives me more distance over the WGT Starters, But I would loose between 5 to 15 yards versus the RV2 Pro set. But, I would get the 54° and 60° wedges with this set. Now this leaves me without the 64° wedge that so many people talk about. And this still leaves me with the decision of which putter to get. Because I'm "me" I would want the same brand in my bag, so the Redwood ZB would be my choice, However, the Daytona would probably be my smarter choice. But I'm still struggling with my 2 putt average, so maybe I should get the Spider. In a post I read, "If I could do it all over again, I'd get the fast meter clubs, so when I get to the Masters Tier I'd be comfortable with them all ready." I can see a lot of truth in that statement, That was posted by SweetyPie "I think". Anyways, I would appreciate anyones input on this well talked over subject. Regardes, Buzz
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 7:26 PM

Forget about the older Rapture set, it's obsolete. The wedges don't belong to that set anyway, and were only thrown in as a bonus, but it's not worth it.

• Buzz_Killian
    40 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 9:27 PM
    Thank You Faterson for the insight on the old RV2 set, I'll scratch that off my list. So it's the RV2 proset vs. a set with the faster Masters Meter. If I decided to get the faster clubs, IDK, my head hurts now... lol Still, where do I take a loss to include the 64° wedge that seems so important. I guess the Daytona Putter is the no brainer choice.
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 9:56 PM

For what it's worth, I used to possess the fast-meter Pro iron sets, but sold them back. They're just no match for the newer Rapture set. (I plan to test the fast-meter Master club sets, though.)

Yes, the Daytona putter & the 64-degree wedge are no-brainers. Players sometimes also swap the hybrid/rescue club for a 3rd wedge.

• Buzz_Killian
    40 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:24 PM
    Thanks again Faterson, I truely appreciate your input. I must admit, I was a little intimidated by how harsh some people can be when it comes to "stupid" questions being posted on this forum. I've probably spent more time reading the posts here than actually golfing. Mostly because I'd like to make some friends here to have a round or three with. I've all so seen some people swap their Fairwaywood? for the 3rd wedge. Again, Thank You, Buzz
RSS