Help › Forums

What opens up other courses?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 11 2010 4:45 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mess514
    3 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 7:32 PM

Right now I can only play 2.5 of the courses, Bethpage Kiawhatever, and half of St. A.

When or how do the other ones open up to play for real?

Thanks

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 11:55 AM

Hi mess,

Bali Hai, Wolf Creek & PH #8 are CTTH-style competitions.  Stroke play is only available on Bethpage, Kiawah and the Front 9 of St. Andrews right now.  We will be adding more full stroke-play courses in the future.

• jonava209
    6 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2010 7:03 PM

can you discuss a time line for adding more full courses

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 7:21 PM

Upcoming Product Releases says that the back nine of St. Andrews is on the Roadmap, meaning comping out in a minimal three months. The rest is uncertain, perhaps this year, perhaps 2012. 

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Mon, Apr 5 2010 8:31 AM

WGTniv:
    Bali Hai, Wolf Creek & PH #8 are CTTH-style competitions.  Stroke play is only available on Bethpage, Kiawah and the Front 9 of St. Andrews right now. 

I think St. Andrews would be a perfect CTTH-style competition with the high winds, a great challenge indeed.  Hopefully it will remain just a 9-hole course. I believe Pinehurst would have been the better choice.

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 2:48 AM

salamii:
    I think St. Andrews would be a perfect CTTH-style competition with the high winds, a great challenge indeed.  Hopefully it will remain just a 9-hole course. I believe Pinehurst would have been the better choice.

Not have the full 18 of the home of golf

Shame on you ;-)

Mick

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 7:44 AM

And remember Salamii, the Pinehurst on here is not the legendary course... not the hallowed ground walked by Payne Stewart.  Rather, it is a brand new course built up the road from the original cluster of coourses.

• TarheelsRule
    5,482 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 8:42 AM
    That is true Pinhurst #8 is a great course but not the one that is played when the Tour Championship, US Open, etc was there,,,,,,,,,that is Pinehurst #2. I look forward to the back nine of St Andrews and Oakmont as well.
  • salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 1:21 PM

Doublemochaman:

And remember Salamii, the Pinehurst on here is not the legendary course... not the hallowed ground walked by Payne Stewart.  Rather, it is a brand new course built up the road from the original cluster of coourses.

Hey mochaman, I did not know that. TY.  About 5 months before you joined  the forum was buzzing about soon  to be ready Pinehurst stroke course. It was a big deal , nice presentation of how the course was photographed using helicopters and a wealth of other info.

This is why I brought the subject up. If you look back in the courses thread of the forum or just do search and you will see what I'm talking about.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 1:27 PM

Da nada, Salamii.  Wondering if I'll ever make "Post of the Week"...  :)

• PAGES
RSS