Help › Forums

I need some help, just became Master

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 30 2010 10:28 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 6:51 PM

I could really care less about being a Master, but it happened. Now, seeing the differences in length and stuff, I would like to practice a few different types of shots. Is there a place i can practice say, just chips, or just sand shots, or just flops? If I have to actively seek these spots on the course, I'll be spending a good 80% of this "practice" time, just hitting y ball to where i actually want to practice from.

Hope to hear some answers and that my question makes sense.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 7:01 PM

There's no specific place to practice Iva.

Most just select a course and practice round to try different shots.  You might even hit into the same place a couple times to try to get a feel for the same shot.  You have up to 10 strokes per hole so feel free to use them all.  

Sometimes during a regular ranked round or a Ready-Go tournament I might catch some bad luck with my meter and not want to finish the round.   Instead of dumping the round right away I might play some of it out to try shots from places I hardly ever see, then withdrawal from the round before the end as to not add an inflated score to my average.

Sadly, there is no place to go practice specific shots over and over just yet. 

BTW just watched your replay.  Hilarious.  I'll be around for half an hour if you want to play a round.   Shoot me a invite if you're feeling froggy.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 8:06 PM

Iva, play practice mode then when you hit the shot try to hit back to your original spot and do it again.  Same with putts.  You get 10 strokes per hole so you can play around a bit.  I used to hit shots onto green at BP #5 then punch it back down the fairway and try it again.  Do this by moving the aim cursor on lower right of your screen.

Also try random 3s and hope you get the hole(s) you are looking for.  This way you don't have to play through an entire side and get a bit more practice in on your trouble holes.

Hope this helps.

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 8:10 PM

LOL at your name.  Good luck with Master, you'll have fun soon enough.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 8:30 PM

Thank you for the help everyone. After playing a couple rounds now as a Master, I'm not interested actually. Way too many problems.

I played 9 holes at Kaiwah. Wind was low, never more than 8 mph. Off the tee, I "dinged" 7 of them. 6 of the 7 never even followed the line I took. 3 of those 6 actually took a line opposite the wind direction. 1 of those 3 went about 30 yards left of my line, against a cross wind.

I play for enjoyment only, and have never cared about my score. But playing my game well, by my standards, and having no control whatesoever apparently, just isn't fun.

That said, people say when something stops being fun, its time to quit. So, I'll play out the last of my balls and move on to something else.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 8:34 PM

Iva,

That's not the norm to have such bad deviations with master equipment but something has been going on lately.  I just WD from Kia Ready Go.  First 3 tee shots dinged and all ended up in the rough.  I've been seeing a crazy amount of deviations for the last couple of weeks.  I hope it will get fixed soon, but stick with the game.  This is not how it's supposed to be.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 8:45 PM

jakestanfill7:

Iva,

That's not the norm to have such bad deviations with master equipment but something has been going on lately.  I just WD from Kia Ready Go.  First 3 tee shots dinged and all ended up in the rough.  I've been seeing a crazy amount of deviations for the last couple of weeks.  I hope it will get fixed soon, but stick with the game.  This is not how it's supposed to be.

No, after a couple rounds as a Master, its not for me. Since I can't go back to Pro where I rarely, if ever, had problems like that, its not for me. Like I said, I just play for enjoyment. I don't care about score or tournaments or any of that stuff, so why waste my time if its like this?

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 4:22 AM

Perhaps you will take the advice of the guy that posted on your wall......open a duplicate account and sandbag at pro.  Nice friends you got there.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 4:56 AM

Haha... nice career winnings by him, too. Seems like it was worth going back to Pro for him!  

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 5:39 AM

"master"

do what i did girl  i made master wasnt no fun anymore closed my account  opened anew 1 started over  pro is the is the place to be hope to see u again

Isn't WGT supposed to police the RGs for cheats/sandbaggers??  This is about as blatant as you can get.

• PAGES
RSS