Forums

Help › Forums

didnt record

Mon, Mar 22 2010 9:48 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Magilacuty
    349 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 7:02 AM

my game aT ST ANDREW WAS NOT RECORDED I SHOT 6 UNDER WITH A 51 FOOT EAGLE WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED  WENT IN WITH64.46 CAME OUT WITH SAME

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 8:34 AM
    Never had this happen, are you sure you were playing a ranked round and not just a practice round.
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 9:02 AM

It did record the round of 30 in his Scores History. Sometimes the result of a round hardly affects the average as it had been before that round. The averages on this site are weighted averages, and to calculate them is not as straightforward as it might appear.

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 9:49 AM

That is true and if you don't know which scores are coming off it is hard to just assume your average will go down. 

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 10:19 AM

It seems to me that weighted averages tend to discount "freakish" one-off exceptions from a player's usual scores. If you wanna move your average down or up, it looks to me that it takes several results in "that other range" (consistently, for a couple of rounds at least) to move your average score in a new direction.

The thread starter has been pretty stable in posting rounds of about 32 or so recently, but there is an odd round of 40, and now 30, among those more usual scores of his. It looks like his weighted average discounts these rounds as "exceptions" and (for now) holds on to that 64.xx average that more accurately reflects his usual play.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 10:33 AM

There is definitely a bug here. I had that happen to me with a couple of rounds this week. I didn´t give it much importance because I don´t generally look at my average too much and I thought maybe  I had made a mistake and it had changed, but I undertsand this could be a great inconvenience if it happens to any pros wanting to become masters.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 10:45 AM

seveking:
    There is definitely a bug here.

I'm really not sure about that. If you take a more comprehensive look at the thread starter's most recent 12 rounds or so, it does seem like 64 would be a reasonable average score from them, while 63.xx would seem like a stretch.

• gandollf
    6 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 4:28 PM

it happend to me too i hit a drive of 311 and it didn't record it  and then i shot a 29    a 29  and it didn't record it this stinks they need to fix the bug

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 4:43 PM
    Same happened to me yesterday at St Andrews. After the round, I got the blank blue screen, which I believe is a bug.. The round shows in the score history, but not in the ACTIVITY section. I think it may be the same for thee other people as well.
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 4:51 PM

Definitely a bug with the round of 30 failing to appear in Magilacuty's Activity list. Since it got ignored there, maybe it also got ignored when his average score got updated (or failed to get updated).

Also, if the 51ft eagle was a putt, it failed to record and his record putt still shows as 42ft.

• PAGES
RSS