Re: To the quiters

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 21 2012 3:12 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 8:43 PM

drmoose:

I believe it's called "protocol". If one must drop out for any of the given reasons ,1st ,they should quit the match and not leave people hanging. 2nd, if possible, message the players they dropped. 3rd, get on with enjoying the game Just me.

Doc

Hmmm, let me see now..... seems like something called "Good Manners" at one time in my life was considered as something to be,do, and appreciate from others.  It also seems to me that something else called "concern for others"  was also looked upon as being something to pratice in your day to day dealings with all of those others that you may be in contact with during your day.  I do not believe the most common type of consideration of others of just turning a blind eye and maintaining your way is any more conducive to a way of correct behaviour than letting rude, noncareing, etchically challanged, individuals continue to make others suffer or be penalized by thier actions.  If so then we will shortly be a world of milk sops.  My Nickle.

• StrokerLee
    94 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 12:18 AM

I think RacDuffer said it best...and I totally agree with everything he has said !!!  There are way more important things in life...than just playing golf!!  (and here it comes...oh boy...lol...and don't get offended anyone or bent out of shape) If you were on a real golf course and someone popped over to your house would to quit and walk off??? (and I understand...that , that may not be a fair comparison) But when I play real golf...or go fishing...or to a movie...or concert...that time is set aside for that purpose...and I don't get involved with those things (or drag others with me) if I know there is a POSSIBILITY of me not being able to finish!!! Now if there is a true emergency (life threatening or severe property damage or anything that just cannot wait until I am through) of course I will walk off of a real course as well as not finish a WGT 'game'!!!  And of course MacDuffer is right when he says we don't know the circumstance on why someone else (who we can't see) might have to disconnect!!!  But...is it me or is it just the luck of the draw (so to say) that all of the reasons you give for possibly someone quitting or disconnecting may be very valid...but yet almost always seems to happen when things on the game (such as the way they might be playing...poorly... badly...or just downright ugly) aren't going their way !!! I can tell by a series of shots...what's going on at the time...who is gonna quit...before they actually quit !!! Is it just me or does others know this to be the truth!!!  I'm not talking about computer and connection issues that generally you can also tell before hand with the loading circles popping up constantly by their name(s)...and also combined with slow loading!! I'm talking about the ones that you are talking about that always seem to have a wife (or significent other)...or child(ren)...or phone call...or visitor pop up...right after a bad hole...or a bad shot!!!  Funny...when I am playing badly...I am never distracted...but yet when I'm playing well...every now and then...I might get a distraction!!! But hten againI only play when I KNOW I CAN PLAY !!  And if such a serious emergency or interruption should occur...I would at least have the common courtesy to let the others know that I have to go...But I am willing to bet you ANYTHING it won't be after A BAD SHOT or A BAD HOLE!!! "Quitters never win" and "Winners never Quit"...only winers quit and only quitters wine about why one must quit!!!  And I'm sure almost every one knows this to be the truth... especially here on WGT !! So remember this "ALL LIES DIE WHEN THE TRUTH IS TOLD" 

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 2:57 AM

"To The Quiters' .. sounds like a ballad.

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Sat, Apr 21 2012 3:12 AM

That is crazy funny lolololololol!!!!!!

• PAGES
RSS