Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Pure hit goes astray.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 20 2010 8:33 PM (7 replies)
  • ShonFields
    25 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 9:03 PM

Lately I've notice that every now and then when I hit one perfectly pure (ding) the ball starts off left or right for no good reason.

I've played a lot and understand how to play the wind. Is there any other factor that can make a shot pull or push right off the club face?

This happens with my Ping Raptor 3 wood, starter hybrid and low-mid irons.

• Griz0613
    80 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 9:27 PM

The clubs you have don't have a high precision rating. So that means even on a perfect shot sometimes they go astray. Better clubs have higher precision which means they will go where you want.

There is also a thing known as "The Beast" or the "VEM". Its a built in feature that pretty much has your shot preplanned before you hit it as I take it

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2010 3:09 PM

Griz, I think that "The Beast" is just a minor glitch, not preplanned.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 9:41 PM

TLD .. Griz is right on the money.  "The Beast" and/or "VEMmie" is not a glitch... it is a pre-ordained variation on any swing, pure or off-kilter.

It is to simulate actual golf.

Unless your name is "Iron Byron", hitting 50 balls with the same club, same lie, etc will not hit the same spot.

Remember, it's not a bug, it's a feature.  And thats why we play WGT instead of the other game that allows target (read: cartoon) golf at 400 yards.

Have a nice day.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 9:24 AM

I knew that there were pre-planned varieties of shots, but I thought that the absurdity of "The Beast" was a glitch.

• TarheelsRule
    5,472 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 2:10 PM
    While I understand the concept I have to disagree with the way that it works. While I agree that 50 shots on the range will have be in a circle of 5 feet, if struck well, I don't ever remember playing and having a shot hit perfectly fly 25 yards right or left. Once in a while a long time ago when I used Ping Eye 2's, you would catch a hot spot and the ball would leap 10 yards longer than it should have but never does a well hit shot leap that far left or right.
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 4:54 PM

On this VEM, how is it random , ive been reading the same thing over and over.You play one day and theres no deviation then you play the next day and every second shot goes anywhere but where you aimed it. For the record i have no problem with the concept of VEM actually i think its brilliant .But as for its randomness im not so sure, its more like it gets turned on and off to me.

Just a thought

CSC

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 8:33 PM

I have noticed the VEM randomly, but I have also noticed on the 9th hole on Kiawah, from behing the fairway bunker from about 115yds out, it will always start 15 yds right of pin, I aimed way left during a round, still ended to the right of the green.  Gonna try it again in practice mode and send it to wgt to take a look.  There is VEM and then I think there is same game glitches.  No biggy, they just need to work it out, so if you notice something document and report it. 

RSS