Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Best Of British

Fri, May 21 2010 1:38 AM (37 replies)
  • eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 12:37 PM

sorry for the stall. i went on holiday for a week.

Semi Final

to be played by Wednesday 20th May 12th midnight GMT

columbiacgt vs Ports D

PRISTESS   vs paulmcm

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 7:12 AM

Me and Priestess have just played, a cracking match, which started with Priestess chipping in for eagle on the 1st hole, i pulled it back with birdies on 2 and 3 and tess pulled it back to AS on 6, i made a long downhill put on 7 for birdie to save a half and then tess's meter played up on 8 and she missed an 8ft putt to go ahead.

Unfortunately on 9 when we were both just over the back of the green for 1 Tess's meter went completely and her second shot went off in the wrong direction. I did offer to play an extra hole as it didn't seem right to win because of a meter skip, or in this case a complete freeze! I suppose it has happened to all of us at some stage in a match. Sorry Tess, it was a great match, shame it wasn't over 18 holes.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 7:20 AM

Well played Paul,,My meter completely went on the green on the last 2 holes ive never had that like that before..Paul birdied 6 of the first 7 and i managed to keep the game all level..i had an easy putt on 8th to go 1 up but i couldnt stop the meter and Paul has said what happened to me on the last hole,,But in saying all that i really dont mind losing because Paul; played so well too and he is total Gentleman in offering me extra holes,,Its my bad luck Paul, but thats how it goes on here..Good Luck in the Final..hope you play like you just did,,

• columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 9:00 AM

I lose 1 down with Ports in the semi-final.

Thank for the match Dan, you did your best to let me win, but my putting was so horrible that I didn't deserve it. Good luck to both of you in the final match.

• PortsD
    534 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 9:02 AM

Jack and I have just finished our semi-final and i ended up sneaking it 1up down the last. Tight game all the way but two 3 putts from Jack on 5 and 9 let me in for the win. Thanks for the game mate.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 2:03 AM

THE FINAL OF BEST OF BRITISH

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Congratulations to paulmcm and PortsD for showing true WGT skills by reaching the final of the first Best of British Match Play tournament.

1st Prize 

• Winners trophy with name engraved
    • 2 Sleeves of WGT golf balls of their choice

2nd Prize

• Runners-Up medal 
    • 1 Sleeve of WGT balls of their choice

Final Format

18-Holes at  St Andrews Old Course 

PortsD  v  paulmcm

to be played before 26th May 2010

>

3rd and 4th place playoff

Columbiacgt   v  PRIESTESS

18-Holes at  St Andrews Old Course 

to be played before 26th May 2010

• paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Thu, May 20 2010 9:24 AM

Me and Dan have just played the Best of British final, it was a really enjoyable match with some great scoring.

I managed to grab a 3up lead with birdie, birdie, eagle on 3, 4 and 5 - Dan could've been 5 down but for a couple of great saving putts on 6 and 7.

Holes 6 through 11 were all tied, mainly in birdies by both players - on the 12th i missed my birdie putt and Dan didn't miss and pegged it back to 2up. I made a tricky 7ft putt for a halve on 13 and then a 22ft for birdie and to halve the 15th with Dan just 3ft from the pin in 2.

16 was halved and on 17 Dan's 2nd caught the bank and flew through the green - the hole was halved in pars and that was that.

Thanks Dan, great game - good luck at Wembley at the weekend.

Thanks for Organising this Mick.

Here's the cards.

• PortsD
    534 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 1:38 AM

Great game yesterday Paul, you played fantastic on the front 9 (-7 i think) and no matter how many times i put you under pressure on the back 9 your putting held steady and you fully deserved the win.

Thanks for organising the tourney Mick, really enjoyed it.

One final thing everyone get behind Blackpool this weekend - do we really want a Welsh side in the Prem!!!!!!

RSS