Help › Forums

Re: why are RTG different

Fri, Mar 5 2010 4:52 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 11:35 PM

jeffdos924:

That's correct, Jay ... I  may have the occasional meter glitch at any time of day, no matter which mode I'm playing. I have rounds with no problems, and then I might have it happen 2 or 3 times in a single round.

read my post jeff i have no probs until i pay to play that is my point

CSC

I also believe this game can be manipulated by its creators to do things that are imposible to prove i dont mind buying clubs but will never pey to play again

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 11:36 PM

All I am saying, at times, the meter performance is not the same.

The implementation of lies and shot making will definitely add a new dimension to the most realistic online golf experience.  We have our gripes,  and WGT has made some great additions already in the last few months to this game.  St. Andrews is great, the quality that went into that course is very evident.  It is imperative that we provide as much feedback as we can so they know what the issues are. 

Pardon for me being blunt WGT, but you also need to give us feedback as well. As I said before, a list of bugs and the steps you are taking to resolve them will go a long way. 

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 11:38 PM

jeffdos924:

That's correct, Jay ... I  may have the occasional meter glitch at any time of day, no matter which mode I'm playing. I have rounds with no problems, and then I might have it happen 2 or 3 times in a single round.

Thanks Jeff for clarifying. I believe that a big chunk of users here see exactly this, and this is mostly NOT server related IMO, though it could be contributing.

Some are much luckier, like myself, and some are much much worse off. 

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 4:39 AM

I also experience more meter stutters in the RG's than normal.

I deal with it as best as I can, but besides a few OB shots here and there and a couple of really ugly putts, I've been able to work around it, post solid scores, and win a few  RG's.    I figure if everyone else is experiencing it, then we're all playing on a level playing field.

edit:   I don't know if it's just coincidence, but it seems I experience more meter stutters when I play my normal fast paced game.   I usually try to slow things down when I play the RG.   In other words, I'll let the hole load, and then sit there for a few seconds (and sometimes a few minutes as I'm usually watching TV while playing) before doing anything.   I'll wait for the flashing graphic under my username in the corner to do it's thing before I'll start my swing.   And the other thing I'll do to try and reduce the stutter is when I release the mouse button to start the downswing, I make sure I don't move the mouse at all during the downswing.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 5:17 AM

marioh:
    edit:   I don't know if it's just coincidence, but it seems I experience more meter stutters when I play my normal fast paced game.   I usually try to slow things down when I play the RG.

This is key to getting through an RG. I play fast, too. Average maybe 10 seconds a shot until the RGs. There I expect meter problems and play cautiously. If the game starts right out with a bump in the swing a lot of times I will save the game, close everything and restart. This helps quite a bit. Getting into a "groove" is a little tougher this way but it generally pays off (no pun intended.)

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 5:29 AM

Hey CSC,

Just curious and trying to help out.... do you have the flag animation turned on or off?  I know in the past I've had issues with the flapping flags causing stutter (esp. during putting), and the St. Andrews RG happens to be in high winds so that flag must be whipping away....

Lee

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 1:55 PM

Hey Lee

No i turn everything off have reduced my registry to bare necessity my pc is is basicaly a game console now lol . I dont even get a problem when i play 4way ladder match wich some say they cant do it only happens when i pay to play its ok though i just wont enjoy this feature , maybe match play challenge is the way for me to go though taking peoples credits doesnt sit well.

Thanks  for your thoughts

CSC

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 4:39 PM

Had to clean up this thread.  No flame-baiting, please, or it will be locked.

Keep it friendly and civil.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Fri, Mar 5 2010 4:52 PM

Thank you sorry for not ignoring her

CSC

• PAGES
RSS