Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 17th at kiawah - ripped off

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 22 2010 1:16 PM (6 replies)
  • haji97071
    192 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 9:50 AM

i'm tired of getting ripped off - 17th at kiawah, wind from left at 16 mph, i am -6 and play safe, put the cursor left of the traps on the left side, even if i'm in the sand, i can get up and down for par.  hit the ding perfectly, ball takes off right of the pin and lands in the water 15-20 feet right of the green.  reload and aim even further left, and this time the ball starts just right of the pin and still goes into the water hazard.  this cost me 4 strokes to par and two balls that will have to be replaced. RIP OFF, RIP OFF, RIP OFF.  next time i will aim 90 degrees to the left and play full flop wedge into the green, seems the only way they will let you play this hole on ready-go.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:27 AM

Sounds like you were shooting pretty good and got "vemmed". Really though, I dont see any other explaination and I've had the same kind of WTF moments.

Edit - oh hang on a minute, you're using the "craptures", yeah seen many similiar complaints from users with those clubs...... Get some new irons I bet your WTF moments are cut down 75%.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:28 AM

Hey haji,

Sounds like you didn't put enough club strength on the ball. That's a pretty stiff wind. Without the right trajectory and ball speed, that ball will move right fast no matter where your aiming. Remember to add more club strength or club up and hold back 5% on strength.

Give it another go in a practice round with similar wind, I bet things will work out better for you.

GL

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:47 AM

used full strength, 194 yard hole, 200 yard club full power aimed 20 yards to the left of the pin.  ball started out straight at the pin and sliced 20 yards to the right.  like i said, i got ripped off.  they have to find some way to sell balls.  the thing that pisses me off is that i play 17 holes at -6, on no hole does the wind carry any shot 40 yards right or left, only when there is water on the right does the wind pick up to 50mph.  had to be that fast to push a shot by 40 yards.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:50 AM

Yeah let's all go out and practice #17!!!        

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:51 AM

Is this Mark Calcavecchia?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 1:16 PM

haji97071:
    used full strength, 194 yard hole, 200 yard club full power aimed 20 yards to the left of the pin.

JJ's probably right, you got vemmed. That's still a strong wind for a long iron. That only gives you an 18 foot variance from the water to the hole. Maybe use a hybrid next time and then you'll know you have enough club. It's always better to have to much club than not enough. You get some wiggle room with the meter then.

I've noticed, if you hit ding, or one pixel to the right of ding on a left to right wind, the ball will slice bad, and ding, or one pixel miss short of ding with a wind right to left, the ball will hook just as bad. That's "vemmie".

RSS