Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Any tips for eliminating herky-jerky?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 21 2010 3:29 PM (2 replies)
  • palupear
    50 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2010 2:41 PM

Only playing for a few weeks now. Am a 75 average. Was making nice progress and having a lot of fun, but have lately experienced frequent herky-jerkiness on my power bar. Seems to be especially bad on iron and short iron shots, but all shots and putts are affected at times.  When I release the swing the bar sometimes stops completely on the down swing, then speeds up, then stops, etc. The stuttering drives me nuts and just kills a lot of shots.  Also getting a lot of time outs on the WTG connection (but not on any other sites), as many as 30 or 40 a round.  Anyone else notice these frustrating effects lately?  I've upgraded equipment, but this has no effect except for distance and spin. Any fixes? 

• raidermatt1
    96 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2010 3:02 PM

Nope I dont think anyone on this site has experienced this "meter lag" you are talking about

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2010 3:29 PM

Hi palupear,

Generally when you're experiencing large amounts of timeouts like that there is an issue with the files stored in your browser's cache.  Try this...

Optimizing Your WGT Experience <-- Click that link and follow the instructions near the bottom about clearing your Flash and Browser caches.  This will delete the stored game files on your PC.  *NOTE* clearing your Flash cache will reset your stored game options

Once you play your next round the game will re-cache the files to your system.  During the first round of play you may experience slightly longer load times while the files are downloaded, but it should clear up after that.

To help improve performance I would recommend trying to set your graphics quality to LOW in the game options.  If you have the putting grid option ON, turn it OFF.  Even set to OFF the grid will still be displayed on the green until you initiate your backswing.  You can also try playing in a smaller window and/or closing the WGT website in the background and only having the game client open.

Hope this helps =)

RSS