Forums

Help › Forums

Re: light brush

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:48 AM (3 replies)
  • haji97071
    192 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 9:35 AM

found an area like mulch, playing ready-go on bethpage, 17th hole tee shot went over the green, about 5 yards off the green, said "light brush", i hit 8 shots, full, punch, flop, different power levels, most shots showed 0 distance, some showed 1 yard, after 8 shots i could barely see the screen for all the steam.   

anyone have any suggestions on "light brush".

• sylverhare75
    44 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 12:26 PM

punch shot 90%-100% wedge... just get it in the air.. works 30% thru 70% brush.. just to get out on back on the short green... thats MY experience... and your experience may vary... thats the fine print...

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 4:38 PM

thanks, but i tried that, didn't work, ball went 0 on two punch tries.

why light brush 15 feet off of the green? seems a little difficult to me, i can see light weeds on a bad shot but this is a par 3 that plays downwind half of the time, my shot hit the green near the front fringe and shot across the green.  nothing i could have done differently.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 10:48 AM

Hey haji,

What was the lie percentage? next time try a 7, 8, 9, iron punch or full. Sometimes in real golf we can land in the funky green stuff with similar results.

I for one haven't heard of "light brush". The next best advice is, keep the ball on the tee side of the green where a more manageable shot can be played. A little bit of strength (for compensation of the wind) one way or another on the tee box makes a big difference at Bethpage 17th. Keep practicing and find out what works.

Play well.

RSS