Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Looking for new Club

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 12 2012 6:52 PM (5 replies)
  • oldbones29
    2,035 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2012 2:09 PM

Hi, I consider myself a mid-level legend. I can never compete with the best here on WGT. However, when things go right I can put up a 58 as I did in the March Qualifier. To bad I need a 57 right now to qualify. I can also put up some real stinkers. Things have changed within my own club and perhaps a change of scenery is needed. What does your club offer that will put some fun back in the game for me. Please do not send me an invite to your club yet. Send me a message with what the parameters of your club are. Tournaments? obligations? Ventrilo/skype? Do you have a web site?  What is it that  I would need to do to be part of your club. So check out my profile and if you think I could be a fit reply and I will get back to you promptly. Thanks

Frank

• oldbones29
    2,035 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 3:31 AM

Thank you for for interest esssy. Would be concerned about the time difference with most of your club. 

• AJRoberts
    1,276 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 5:52 AM

Bones,

We are a realtively new club (The AJRoberts and Friends CC) and we have just had our first player gone to Tour Master and another just joined.

We may not be upto your standards but we have various tiered tournies each week over a three week cycle - F9, B9, all 18 - I set up different conditions for each tier and the 18 holer is played as an OPEN with A sleeve of Srixon Vapour Trail Balls for each tier winner.

We are made up of primarily Brits, Americans, A coupla Canadians, A few based in South Africa and two in Australia.

We are testing the waters with playing against another CC shortly and gauging interest among the members for an intraCC Alt Shot Championship. Everyone is very friendly and we enjoy good banter as we play. Each week I add news points about our players to have moved through the tiers and post results from the weeks tourneys. They are generally unlimited play tournaments over a seven day period and cost nothing to enter - I feel that unless there were enough of us better players prepared to pay for credit based winnings amongst themselves, the possibility of this could drive other members away.

There's a thread on the forum to share great shots and we generally just have a good time, with a friendly competitive edge aiming really for us all to be as good as we can!

Have a look if you think we may be of interest - as I said I'm not sure whether we'll be of a good enough standard - but we'll get there soon!

It's not a bad setup for a 3 month old CC, and I'm open to help and ideas as any good owner should be!

ALAN

AJRoberts and Friends Country Club Owner 

• AJRoberts
    1,276 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 1:09 PM

Not a problem Bones, I thought that'd be the case keep your eye on us matey - I think we may have some longevity and may be suitable in the future!

• EagleEyes1
    480 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 6:52 PM

Frank,

The British Columbia Selects CC is in search of players who are active and enjoy interacting with other BCS CC members. Our CC has players from around the world, although most are from North America. Our CC has a private chat room and website with a blog, which is used to communicate with our members outside of WGT. We are getting ready to begin our 2012 BCS Tournament Series, which will be a 25-week tournament that closely follows the concept of the PGA FedEx Cup. We are also preparing to play in our first CC vs CC match, which our members are looking forward to. We are in the final stages of a double-elimination CC match play tournament and an Irons Only tournament. There are a couple of other current tournaments going on as well.

We have players ranging from Pro up to Legend; although we could definitely use some more Legend Tier players as we currently have three and a fourth will be promoted soon. If you enjoy playing in tournaments and playing rounds with a great bunch of players, you are more than welcome to join our club. The link to our website can be found on our WGT homepage. Feel free to send me a friend invite if you would like to discuss further.

Scott

RSS