Re: ties in ready go question

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 8 2010 11:21 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 2:15 PM

plim:
    please lets just let what we did not when we did it decide.

plim, time submitted is the 4th tiebreaking step and is only used when the scorecards are absolutely identical on every hole.  What you do on the course are the first 3 steps in breaking the tie (I described them on the first page of this thread).  The first 3 steps are the actual USGA tiebreakers.  It rarely ever comes down to time submitted, but they need to do something when the scorecards are exactly the same on every hole.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 2:40 PM

It is still a bit daft if you ask me, we all scored the same so let us all share the spoils. What happens in real competition ? the players go in to a play-off. If that isn't possible then share the credits

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 7:23 PM

3-6-9-12-15-18 countback. If still level then Prizes could and should be shared as it is not likely a play-off would happen. (2 share 1st place = 1st and 2nd place prize credits added together and then shared between the two EQUAL players. Lets say 3 share 3rd place = 3rd place 4th place and 5th placed credits combined then divided by 3 for those 3 EQUAL players. and so on.  It makes no sense to simply issue a prize based upon the time factor.  Is that fair to someone across the other side of the globe and asleep when the actual event starts. (I know some say  it's a ready go event and doesn't take long to fill up - but it has been noted some of them  require players to fill up the quota for many hours)

The odds are pretty remote as quite rightly indicated in earlier posts. However, you shouldn't be penalised for finishing in a place lower then your actual score indicates, especially if you are in the wrong place when the event starts.

That is my slant on the unlikely  regular occurence.

Keep smiling & Happy Golfin'

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 7:58 PM

Dude, it only for 1st place.  All other positions are divided and split.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 11:21 AM

I've been on both ends of a 1st Place Tiebreak Myself.  It's simply a fact of how WGT operates and as nivlac said - it has always been like this.  

Sure coming up on the short end is frustrating BUT you still have a nice win and profitable round.  

Coming up on the right side of a tiebreak from time to time lessens the pain of coming up on the short end.  

So mote it be,  AtlantaCoaster

• PAGES
RSS