Forums

Help › Forums

Re: hoodwinked

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 9 2010 5:38 AM (6 replies)
  • kissfanpdx
    84 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:22 PM

I was playing with a gentleman the other day, who complained the entire time abut being hoodwinked by someone who was like an 80 ave.  The gentleman was a master level player and he was beaten by this person, and said that he probably had made another account and so on, blah blah blah.  allthough cheating is serious business and anyone caught should be banned forever, but i kind of have to laugh at this situation because first off, the guy is a master level, you should NEVER complain about losing to ANYONE period.  And second, i bet he was just frothing at the mouth when the 500 credit challenge was initially made, he thought he had pocketed an easy 500 credits.   But seriously, i really hope this does not become a problem, i have not had it happen to me, but it will ruin that part of the game, its for virtual credits for christ sake, its amazing how people in all sectors of life will try to find a scam somewhere, i just hope we keep this site fun, because i love it....

• Gloveberg
    55 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 1:35 AM
    Which is the reason I don't play for credits. You never know who you are truely dealing with.
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 9:30 AM

Skipping Meter + Multiple Accounts + Random challenges = Negative cashflow.

If you really have to play for credits, in this environment, and being ripped-off is not fun for you, it would behoove you to play only people you know.

But hey.. what's the old addage about a fool and his money??  ;^)

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 3:45 PM

There's a certain old hag from England on here the goes by the same name as the female in a famous song by Dexy's Midnight Runners.   She sandbags badly.  She consistently shoots in the low to mid 30's when participating in RGs but when her avg gets in the 66 range and close to becoming a master, she conveniently shoots ranked rounds that aren't in a RG on BP that range between 38 to 40 in order to bring her avg back up around 70.   A main problem with her is that she loves matchplay and cons Pro level players on a daily basis because they think that she is on their level.  She probably makes a few hundred credits per day using this hustle.  I also believe she won last week's 18 hole unlimited free tourny.  

I mistakingly defended her in a thread about a week about about sandbaggers which was partially erased.  I was wrong.  I threw her a 5 up beating about a month ago and just thought she wasn't that good until i noticed her scores in RGs i was also in.  She's improved and hustles Pros in MPC every day.  I feel bad for them since many of them have no clue what they're getting into when they accept her challenge.

Her sandbagging is quite obvious when looking at her RG scores vs other ranked rounds at BP.  I notified WGT, but I don't know if they actually do anything in these circumstances.

Too bad we can't give her the Private Pile treatment from Full Metal jacket.  :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 3:56 PM

WOW-You aint kidding! Not a whole lot you can do about it but just think how nice it would be if WGT were to increase the weight of the RG's where the average is concerned.

• lfclegends
    20 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2010 4:19 PM

name and shame is the only way. I was playing in mpc the other day and played a 'amateur' player. 4 birdies and an eagle later and I was out. Congratulations a great score but you really should play some ranked tournaments and play off the pro or master tees where you belong!

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2010 5:38 AM

lfc,

While I can appreciate your need to warn others, WGT has a policy forbidding the calling out of other players on the forums.  In the future, please send all such complaints to members@worldgolftour.com.  I wouldn't want to see you get 'time off' for venting....

RSS