Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I'm not a sugar daddy

Mon, Feb 20 2012 6:31 PM (2 replies)
  • BogeyOne
    1,966 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 7:15 AM

There are more than several people in this game that seem to drift from club to club looking for all they can get for free.  They will join, check out the club tourneys, and if they can't smell free goodies, then they soon quit. I recently had one of these, but not the first, pull this with my club.  He joined, very shortly sent me the following personal message, and then promptly quit the club.  The bad grammar and misspelling are his:

what kind of prizes do you have because in my othern coutry club he gave out 9 balls for the winner of a tourny and 3 for second and third and they were the nikes ones so whats your prizes 

While I do always have a "Win something free tourney of the week," it is generally only for inexpensive wgt balls.  Members of Senior Citizens are in the club for the comradery with older players and not for whatever they can get for free.  Our members can certainly afford to purchase their own equipment and know that the club's weekly "Win something" tournament is a small way of acknowledging their ongoing participation in the club.  Most probably don't even use the cheap balls if they win them.  But they do know they are appreciated.

Now to you freeloaders reading this. . .do you not have any pride or ethics?  I am not your sugar daddy. 

A club that has to pay to get and keep members will have too many sharks swimming in its waters.

It also seems to me that every friend request that these sharks send out to other members of the club is bogus.  They are not interested in friends.  They are interested in "free."

• Baboon
    29 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 6:31 PM

beautiful post ..well said..  

It is owner that post the freebies all the time that create these sharks.  My club is about small penny tournament and bragging rights.  I will have a big prize for the end of the year and only regular golfers will be allowed.  

RSS