Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Stay or Leave

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 7 2012 11:52 AM (8 replies)
  • jimwade35
    480 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 8:33 AM

Is it a bad thing to change Country Clubs? I'm new....... Don't want to p1ss off people , not yet anyway... guess you can only be a member of one at a time ?

JW

• 1goodgolfer
    221 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 3:59 PM

You can be a member of only 1 country club at a time.  If you don't like a country club or if it doesn't fit you then leave and find another. There are plenty of country clubs here on WGT.  I have been looking for a country club that fits me for a while.  I have left several over the last few weeks and have still not found the perfect country club.  Just joined the one I am currently in and when I went to play a club tourney....there were none!?! 160+ members and no club tournaments?!?! What's up with that?

Best of luck!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 4:07 PM

Send a request to the Academy, we are a bunch of nuts, have a lot of fun and tourneys out the ying yang. If your not real, or just here for the money, don't bother, that is not us. We take lower ranked players and try to help them learn. there are several legends in the club that are here for fun. We do take our tourneys serious. As well as honesty and integrity. I am not one of the legends, yet. But these folks are like brothers.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2012 4:17 PM

renniw52:
    Send a request to the Academy, we are a bunch of nuts, have a lot of fun and tourneys out the ying yang. If your not real, or just here for the money, don't bother, that is not us. We take lower ranked players and try to help them learn. there are several legends in the club that are here for fun. We do take our tourneys serious. As well as honesty and integrity. I am not one of the legends, yet. But these folks are like brothers.

YUPPERS

• jimwade35
    480 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 7:01 AM

This does really help....... was kind of afraid to say much to the club I joined. NO forum talk at all.  I like to visit a little,,,, not necessarily for hours or anything, but some play and chat......

Esssy,,,,,The car is one I'm working on..... Started building streetrods a few years ago. LOVE them... Had to retire a bit early after three bouts with cancer, beat them all so now I play golf and build cars...... have a '28 chevy rat rod ( blown with about 750 hp ) that i'm taking to sell at a auction in a couple of weeks so i can finish the '49 merc. Also have a '34 ford coupe that is my baby.......... must be boring you by now.

Thanks for the help and will check out your club.

Jim

• jimwade35
    480 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 7:04 AM

sorry, got lost about cars........

Thanks to everyone else also,,,,,,,will check out you all and make a move

Jim

• jimwade35
    480 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 7:31 AM

Thanks....... I looked, appears you all may be bit above me tho. All look to be very good players. I've only been in this for 5 or 6 weeks.

Jim

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 11:52 AM

jimwade35:

Thanks....... I looked, appears you all may be bit above me tho. All look to be very good players. I've only been in this for 5 or 6 weeks.

Jim

I wouldn't worry about this at all, that's one of the great things about country clubs; everyone else will do whatever they can to help you and see you get better.   If the club looks good go for it, jump into the forums and tourneys and have fun.

Belonging to a good CC is one of the greatest things about WGT.

RSS