Help › Forums

One of my best rounds

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 2 2010 2:49 PM (0 replies)
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 2:49 PM

Hi All,

I have just had what I consider one of my best ever rounds. OK  - I'm only in the Pro tier, and, no,  it wasnt in the 50's, or even my best score but considering the conditions I was really proud of it.

It occurred at BPB in the 2nd round of the week1 multiround tournament. I had shot a 67 in the first round and decided to get in early for my second round.

I tee up on the first tee to find the conditions had changed markedly. Now we had very high winds and very fast greens - WOW !! Oh well - here we go.

Because of the conditions my second shots were not quite on the money, and my general short game around the greens was a little off to. However I hung in there and sunk a few of 5 - 10 ft putts and much longer.

I get to the turn in 34, not bad I thought, however I now had in my opinion the much harder back 9 to negotiate. I bogey the 10th - Hmmm - not a great start - again my game was not quite up to the conditions, and I was leaving myself a lot to do on the greens. I kept scrapping and dropping those putts though, and then birdied 2 of the last 6 holes. On the last I gave myself an awkward 5 ft putt - dropped it and walked of with a hard fought 68.

I looked at the scoreboard this morning to find myself sitting in 59th position. Hey - thats not bad. Maybe I'll slip a bit more as the big guns finish off - but hey I posted a gutsy second round 68 which I'm proud of. 

I've shot better, but in easier conditions - maybe all those 18 hole practice rounds at BPB, are starting to pay off. I also took a lot of heart from it by sticking with the round, and not getting to frustrated when things didnt quite go to plan. I just kept scrapping and getting up and down.

Not my best score, but clearly my best round.

Cheers Doug 

RSS