Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Courses

Fri, Jan 8 2010 2:21 PM (9 replies)
  • Slope142
    2 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:19 AM

This was a fun and pleasant pass-time for the 20 or so rounds it took to be sick to death of Kiawah & Bethpage. I guess I'm supposed to fork over my credit cards to these WGT weasels to play anything interesting or own a driver that will hit past 220.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:44 AM

No.You are not forced to do anything regarding your credit card but that kind of slander could get you forced off the forums.Name calling is strange.The Great people of the WGT offer you a Free golf game.Investing your money is totally up to you.I put money in as I need to and will continue to do so.The forums are for constructive criticism, not slandering the WGT.

That is all.

• nhlett
    64 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 3:22 PM

Well said GITrDONE!

Nhlett

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 4:53 PM

Slope142:

I guess I'm supposed to fork over my credit cards to these WGT weasels to play anything interesting

Money does not open up new courses. 

Happy new year

• nhlett
    64 Posts
    Fri, Jan 1 2010 4:15 AM

Slope142:
    I guess I'm supposed to fork over my credit cards to these WGT weasels to play anything interesting or own a driver that will hit past 220.

Slope142, what you do with your credit card (money) is totally up to you. Accusing people of being greedy bastards because they want to give us a realistic golf experience on line is uncalled for, and IMO totally wrong.

I upgraded my clubs six months ago because I wasn't reaching the fairways on BPB. Why, because BPB is a long and difficult course in real life. I am finally starting to use my clubs more effectively. I expected a learning curve with new clubs. Boy did I get it!

/End Philosophy lesson :-)

Happy New Year and may the winds be at your back.

Nhlett

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 10:58 AM

Slope142:
    I guess I'm supposed to fork over my credit cards to these WGT weasels to play anything interesting or own a driver that will hit past 220.

No, actually what you are supposed to do is either:

• play more to learn more (free)
    • play more to gain friends (free)
    • play more to enjoy different shots on the courses that exist (free)

or, barring any and all of those...

See?  No credit card required and no weasels hurt in this demonstration.

Have a really good day! 

kthxbuhbye

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2010 8:17 AM

wow, nice community introduction! nice to meet u.

• Slope142
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 1:08 PM

Just 'tween us, the term 'weasel" was meant as a sardonic contrivance and not as an insult or slander. Jeez, people can get a bit huffy, you know?

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 1:56 PM

SonofAnarchy:

wow, nice community introduction! nice to meet u.

yeah really, i dont think what was originally said was that offhand really, welcome to wgt slope, lol

• nhlett
    64 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 2:21 PM

Slope142:
    the term 'weasel" was meant as a sardonic contrivance and not as an insult or slander. Jeez, people can get a bit huffy, you know?

sar•don•ic

Pronunciation: (sär-don'ik), [key]
    adj. 
    characterized by bitter or scornful derision; mocking; cynical; sneering: a sardonic grin.

Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.

Well that that makes all the difference in the world!

End sarcasm /

Those of us that like WGT can get huffy too

NHlett

RSS