Forums

Help › Forums

Re: solution for quitters...

Wed, Dec 30 2009 4:19 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 11:41 AM

this is so simple, find where you fit in this game make some friends play with them. reputation tracking is the biggest waste of time ever on this site. the notion of playing with random people of different skill levels and expect everything to go smooth is ludicrous. as for quitting to save your ave. who cares what someones ave. is, its their ave. if you wanna walk around with a mid 60's ave. and can't shoot that when the chips are down you only hurt yourself no one else. so again who cares, fixing the shaky meter should be the only worry for the folks at wgt, because until that problem is fixed all other points within the game are moot. thx jb

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 11:56 AM
    Words of wisdom up there
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 12:03 PM

I totally agree J B.The only multi-player rounds I play are with friends and a smooth meter would make this a lot more enjoyable.I hate seeing them or me hit a bad shot because of the meter.We don't quit because we hit a bad shot but it just takes a little fun out of the game due to a shaky meter.Yes all that other stuff is a very moot point.

I also agree that most everyone has quit at one time or another for whatever reason.I've been playing since Oct. 16 and never have been disconnected, ever.I must be real lucky on that part. If I left a game it was because I chose to.

• JoelWhite
    101 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 3:01 PM

lilrob88 sez....

"so this is what you guys are saying. Finish every game so you have a "true" average."

Assuming you are including me as "you guys", no, that's not what I'm saying. I could care less about my avg or my opponents. My problem is the game freezing after a player quits. I didn't notice this problem (freezing, not quitting...quitting has been going since I signed up here more than a year ago) a month or so ago, but I'm seeing it more and more now. Some of the guys I play with regularly are seeing the same thing. Probably a software/programming problem, but it seems more prevalent now than before.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 3:07 PM

Yes joel, it seems to be worse now. Sometimes it takes us 10 minutes to get a foursome loaded up and ready to go. We sit in mIRC and visit, then go to start a game and it may take awhile to get it started. Also if someone quits and doesn't use the menu, it will destroy everyones round. Keep trying an enjoy! It sure is fun sometimes. :)

• Mainiack
    79 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 4:00 PM

there are more players here than ever, so its relative that there seems to be more than ever, i don't have time to play as much lately as i used too but i have recorded alot more "disconnectors" since the WGT Open campaign then the previous # would have suggested.

Today marked 1078 seperate disconnectors and 1114 games where i didn't have an opponent to finish with since i began tracking about 1 year ago

• TennCup
    2 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 4:19 PM

Play for fun and enjoyment don't worry about avg. and if someone quits don't take it personal. I've played with Mainiack, he has not finished all of his games either and must say he was the worst player I have encounterd in over 8 months. Get a life!

• PAGES
RSS