Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Wireless mouse? Or Hardwired?

Wed, Dec 30 2009 1:19 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 8:07 AM
    I have tried both on the same machine and found that the hard wired mouse works better on this game.
  • BrickAlley
    5 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 7:44 AM

You guys are cracking me up with this thread, but I'm glad I stumbled upon it. I use a Linux laptop which beats the crap out of my Windows laptop that I started playing with. I think in this case the Linux mouse button has a softer feel and makes it easier to hit accurately.

It does concern me that I do seem to get some lagging at times... don't get me wrong, I understand that we all have times when we are not razor sharp mentally, but sometimes it's not me that's late. I'm on a super fast wireless internet connection & now I wonder if the wireless part might be one of the problems. I had thought about a new mouse, but now it sounds like I should pull out a ethernet cable and connect directly. Any helpful suggestions are welcomed!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 11:18 AM

BrickAlley:
    now it sounds like I should pull out a ethernet cable and connect directly. Any helpful suggestions are welcomed!

That's exactly what you should do BA. At least once and you'll see what I mean. I have a DSL here at my shop but on the weekends at home I have cable into a wireless router. I can play this way but it's really really slow at times. Loading is a big issue even with the background loading option on and the meter's got a mind of it's own.

I hooked the modem directly to my laptop and it's as good as the DSL. The reverse/zoom  views of the ball in flight don't happen with wireless but are there hooked up direct. Try it. 

YJ

p.s., post back here what happens-I'm curious. A lot of people say they have no problems and I never took the time to monkey with the wireless solution. It might be on my end, IDK. Tx.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 11:51 AM
    i retired my ole wireless mouse 5 months ago, took it out on the real course and drove it about 60 yards with my 7 iron. that thing failed on so many different levels that its hilarious.
  • JoelWhite
    101 Posts
    Wed, Dec 23 2009 12:36 PM

Somewhere on this forum there is a tip thread talking about the pros and cons of wireless vs. wired. Whoever started it said the wired mouse does better, so I stuck with my old logitech rollerball mouse.

• BrickAlley
    5 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2009 7:04 AM

Hooked up my laptop with an ethernet cable last night and proceeded to play some of the best golf I've played. I even played with a Master last night that was convinced I was a Master working with a new account. I was laughing when he brought that up and despite it taking me a few holes I did eventually get him to believe that I had only been playing a month. LOL

Thanks for the advice guys!

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 1:19 PM

Actually I did better with my wireless mouse until it stopped working and I had to go back to my wired mouse. In any case it has much more to do with your processor speed, internet connection speed and your browser . Some people prefer firefox, I find I do much better with Google Chrome.

• PAGES
RSS