Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Gimmees

Tue, Aug 29 2023 3:36 PM (9 replies)
  • ChrisMoorhouse
    1 Posts
    Thu, Aug 24 2023 5:59 AM

I know it’s a sore point with a lot of players but playing coin games the Gimmees are wrong as hack and amateur lengths are ridiculous, especially when playing on hard banked greens. 

Also, why not take away the gimmee option if it is a winning putt. Make the player play the winning shot.

just my thoughts.  

• Stlkcdc3
    278 Posts
    Thu, Aug 24 2023 10:31 AM

ChrisMoorhouse:

Also, why not take away the gimmee option if it is a winning putt. Make the player play the winning shot.

RIO Room and above if not mistaken. 

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Aug 24 2023 11:02 AM

I dont play the coin games but I do agree with you.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Thu, Aug 24 2023 11:15 AM

There is a very simple solution ...

Play in the rooms above Beverly Hills as there are NO gimmies.

• tnivka
    130 Posts
    Thu, Aug 24 2023 2:46 PM

Here are my 2-credits (and if it seems I'm wearing a tinfoil hat, you might be right): WGT is trying to do ballet on a tightrope. On the one hand, they can't discourage the newbies. On the other hand, they can't tick off the veterans who have spent obscene amounts of money and will probably spend more. I'm ok with a noob feeling good for a few minutes, and I'm ok with occasionally getting sand kicked on me by the big kids. Just tryna grow the game.

• bossbird
    2,194 Posts
    Mon, Aug 28 2023 8:21 AM

I play in chelsea sometimes and played an amateur earlier , he was just 2ft 6 away from the hole , it didn’t give him a gimme. Not sure I can ever remember these so called long gimmes that you refer to. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,505 Posts
    Mon, Aug 28 2023 2:46 PM

Careful what you wish for.

I wouldn't ask them to change ANYthing on the game since any attempt of it would probably spawn even more bug(s) or glitch(es).

I'd rather live with gimmes.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Aug 28 2023 3:48 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

Careful what you wish for.

I wouldn't ask them to change ANYthing on the game since any attempt of it would probably spawn even more bug(s) or glitch(es).

I'd rather live with gimmes.

That ^^^

• MioKontic
    4,593 Posts
    Tue, Aug 29 2023 4:44 AM

bossbird:

Not sure I can ever remember these so called long gimmes that you refer to. 

I don't play coin rooms any more, even stopped playing the showdowns (firstly because of the forfeit glitch, and secondly because it is tediously slow), but I've either seen it once some time back or I've read it somewhere - hacks gimmes are somewhere around 6ft, which is quite ridiculous really.

I have never been a fan of automatic gimmes, neither am I a fan of 'agreed' gimmes at the start of a match; it is up to a player if he/she wants to give the other player a putt, even if it is just a foot away.  Sometimes I will give a putt of 4-5ft if it is somewhere like St Andrews on hole #1 with front pin, but I wouldn't give a 2ft putt if it was above the hole on either of the two pins on hole #2.

Totally agree with you too Simon - one small step for man, one (or more) huge mistake(s) for WGT!

• GreenLaser
    176 Posts
    Tue, Aug 29 2023 3:36 PM

Unless they've changed it since this post, Hack gimmes are 10 ft. 

• WGTadmin
      1,166 Posts 
      Mon, Dec 15 2014 4:05 PM

For the Pro tier and above players will not receive the gimmie option in ranked rounds, only practice rounds will this feature appear. The gimmie will only be available if the ball is 2 feet or less to the hole.

Hacks are given the option to take a gimmie in all game modes if the ball is 10 feet or less from the hole.

Amateurs are given the option to take a gimmie in all game modes if the ball is 4 feet or less from the hole.

Please note that we are always analyzing whether the lengths should be lengthened or shortened so your suggestions are welcome

RSS