10,094 Posts
    Wed, Apr 12 2023 1:05 AM

AnaNikolaj:
    I think he's asking when the 2nd set of pins became available, Scott 😉

Ah, okay. Thanks AnaNikolaj.  ; )

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Sun, Feb 11 2024 1:48 PM

Wolf Creek Hole #4 has (2) pin locations..........as do all of the WGT course (like Ana stated).

At the Wolf Creek Hole #4.....(pin location on the right as you face the Green from the Tee box)........I have hit (2) Hole-In-Ones....which were also Double-Eagles since this Hole #4 is a Par 4 Hole. In order to reach that particular Hole location, you have to hit your Tee shot over several sand bunkers.

Jim

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sun, Feb 11 2024 5:39 PM

SoCalJim23:
    .I have hit (2) Hole-In-Ones....which were also Double-Eagles since this Hole #4 is a Par 4 Hole

I think you forgot to mention you used either cheap, or starter, balls (possibly blindfolded as well).

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Mon, Feb 12 2024 2:48 PM

Hey Stef..........Well yes, I did forget to mention on the 2nd time I hit a "Hole-In-One/Double-Eagle" on Wolf Creek's Hole #4....this past December 13th.......it was 272 Yards (as the crow flies)....from Tee to Hole". But WGT counts it as 279 Yards from the Tee to that Hole.  However, IMO, that holed shot of mine was a 252 "Hole-In-One/Double-Eagle"......NOT a 279 Yard Holed Shot.  

And "No".....I didn't hit either of those "Hole-In-One/Double-Eagles" while blindfolded....but I did have (1) Hand tied behind my back....of course, it was my left hand since I'm right-handed.....LOL!!! 

Jim

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Mon, Feb 12 2024 5:49 PM

SoCalJim23:
    I didn't hit either of those "Hole-In-One/Double-Eagles" while blindfolded....but I did have (1) Hand tied behind my back....of course

Now that's funny -:)

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2024 4:43 PM

SoCalJim23:
    it was 272 Yards (as the crow flies)....from Tee to Hole". But WGT counts it as 279 Yards from the Tee to that Hole.

And the truth starts to come out.  His eagles and albatrosses are coming from baby tees.  Off the back tees the hole is 343yds as the crow flies (and then add another 6yds for elevation):

Speaking of albatrosses, is that the correct plural?  I think it is, but it sounds wrong.  It also reminds me of years ago when I found out a local farmer was selling some of his animals.  I've always wanted a hippopotamus, so I wrote him a letter:

"Dear Sir.  Could you please send me two hippopotamusses".

That didn't look right, so I screwed up the paper and wrote another letter:

"Dear Sir.  Could you please send me two hippopotami".

Well that didn't look right either.  So after screwing up that page too I had a third attempt:

"Dear Sir.  Could you please send me a hippopotamus, and while you're at it please send me another".

Two were sent in the post  :)

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2024 9:43 AM

MioKontic:
    coming from baby tees. 

I've never seen a rule against playing the baby tees

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2024 9:54 AM

MioKontic:

SoCalJim23:
    it was 272 Yards (as the crow flies)....from Tee to Hole". But WGT counts it as 279 Yards from the Tee to that Hole.

And the truth starts to come out.  His eagles and albatrosses are coming from baby tees.

A 272 yard HIO is still a great shot 🙂

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2024 3:45 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble........MIO.  But, this was only 1 of maybe 3 "Double-Eagles" I hit from the Red Tees. This "Double-Eagle" was hit from a "Red Tee" as I was a member of a WGT Country Club (they set up the Club Tournaments). But I didn't stay in that CC very long because so few members were playing in the CC Tournaments.

Funny thing too is.....I hit this Hole-In-One (also a Double-Eagle) using my 3 Wood (that I believe is rated at 250 yards)....and yes, I was using a premium ball for a change & had a bit of a tail wind. So, making that 272 yard shot was a GREAT feeling...heard the "Heart Beat" as soon as I hit my ball off the tee.

All of my other "Double-Eagles" were played from other Tee locations - most from the "Black Tees".

Let's see now, MIO......you have been a member of WGT since 2010 (I joined in 2014)...yet you have yet to hit your 1st "Double-Eagle"......from ANY of the Tees.....WHY is that?

To date.......I have Hit a Total of (27)......"Double-Eagles".

• PAGES
RSS