Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Trying to start a golf league in our country club

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 20 2011 8:21 AM (1 replies)
  • cnygamer
    6 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 5:42 AM

I just played a challenge from a friend and when the challenge was over it emailed me a hole by hole comparison of the round.  This might be a good way to facilitate a league.

If we had teams made up of two players then set a schedule based on home or away.  We could pick a course and have everyone play a number of rounds to establish a handicap.  The player with the lower handicap would be player 1 of the team and the other player 2.  The home team would play first and challenge the player on the other team.  Once the challenge was complete an email of the hole by hole break down would be emailed to both players.  They would both email that to the league manager and as long as they matched those could be used for record tracking.

Any thoughts?  Are there other ways that people have found that work well to run a league?

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2011 8:21 AM

One handicap that I've been using for East Coast CC is based on this formula:

(70-WGT AVG) X .9 = X

Divide that by 2 and that's your handicap.

We've had an ongoing club series... check out our site for how we've kept our players up-to-date on their standings:

http://eastcoastcc.webs.com/eastcoastcup.htm

Hope that helps... any questions let me know.

Cycle1979

RSS