Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Joining a CC

Tue, Sep 27 2022 9:59 AM (6 replies)
  • madmanmax17
    5 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2022 2:40 PM

Well, as usual, I can't seem to find an answer to a straightforward question.  First contrary to the profile info, I have been playing this game off and on for almost 7 years.  I am a level 112, Legend tier. So...  I even ran it through Google and Bing. Just what, EXACTLY is the benefit of joining a country club on WGT?!  Great...big deal...free shot and putter pal (if you qualify)"; Camaraderie"; I can get THAT from playing head-to-head in the coin rooms.  From everything I can see it's just ANOTHER way of WGT to pry money out of our pockets for CC passes, etc.  

Now, If I am wrong, I am willing to listen.  As LONG as the response is NOT from WGT.  This game, over the past 7 years has already cost me thousands of dollars in the long run for balls, etc.  It wasn't so bad until WGT was bought by Top Golf, and then it went crazy.  I have almost called it quits a couple of times, but for some strange reason I can't. But I will, if things continue the way they are, with the inconsistencies, the interference in games by WGTs algorithms, etc. The software on this game needs MAJOR UPDATES  to be fair consistent and more enjoyable.  I have voiced my opinion to them on NUMEROUS occasions, with nothing more than a canned, auto-generated response.  I see that they were just purchased by Callaway.  HOPEFULLY Calloway will FIRE EVERYONE CURRENTLY ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GAME, re-tool and re-imagine it, and make it something that we can all have fun with, instead of leaving it frustrated and angry.

All of that being said, again, WHAT is the REAL benefit of joining/starting a Country Club?

• Sporter123
    217 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 6:51 AM

For me the best part of joining a club is the interesting variety of tournaments ( 12 running right now ). I’ve only been playing this game 9 months, so the tips and insight from other CC members in the forum has been a huge help in speeding up my learning curve. You already mentioned the free putter pal and shot pal ( I’d much rather spend my credits on balls or equipment). No one is expected to buy CC passes in our club , just use the free ones when available. I see no downside in being in a club and there are a lot of benefits to be gained. Just my opinion, take care .                     Scott

• Slimjim001
    1,025 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 7:48 AM

I don't work for WGT so I offer this: Country clubs are by nature a community made up of members who are expected to contribute something positive to the cause. From reading you rant, it is a good bet that you have little or nothing positive to contribute...to anyone. I recommend that you do all country clubs a favor and don't join. I also bet WGT would not resist you hanging up your putter and exiting stage left.

PS  Your player name tells it all.

You may have noticed. Whining tends to irritate me.

Additional benefits of belonging to a country club:

• A sense of belonging, purpose and identity. 
    • Team pride, motivation and encouragement.
    • An opportunity to contribute to something larger than yourself. It just feels good.
    • More likely to have a better perspective and understanding of the game.

...and then all that other stuff like free shot and putter pal.

• Ladychipper
    22,706 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 8:01 AM

In a few words, it is the knowledge and friendships you gain.

I have been in here and in the same CC for over 9 years.  Our CC is always available to help its members out with questions asked in the forum.  Willing to listen to any suggestions, loads of daily tournaments, etc. 

Anyway, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Best Wishes,

Marion

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 8:05 AM

madmanmax17:
    All of that being said, again, WHAT is the REAL benefit of joining/starting a Country Club?

just a quick reply---

free shot/putter pal, CC Tourneys, Members who hopefully play together- somewhere to ask questions , learn and contribute your own tips. 

Iron sharpens Iron...

PS- you get a free pass everyday and some clubs dont require anything more from you.

• ct690911
    7,200 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 8:45 AM

"This game, over the past 7 years has already cost me thousands of dollars in the long run for balls, etc"

Thousands of dollars?  That's one hell of a lot of balls you're going through.

sayin'

ct

ps: I agree with Jim. Your post seems to indicate that you have a personality best suited to remaining a free agent.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Tue, Sep 27 2022 9:59 AM

To me, the main benefits of a CC are company and the shot + putter pals. The latter would have saved you 1,000+ cr since July - that alone might be a reason to apply to a relaxed CC.

Company means more commitment in multi player games - fellow members won't quit on you without a very good reason!

CC passes solve a problem that you won't have outside a CC - it's growth. IMHO, we get enough passes for free - no need to buy any! (And buying a pass will delay the next free issue!)

The biggest danger of CC passes is to get blinded by the Golden Calf - ehm - Putter behind the Clashes. In this context, the slogan "contribute to something larger than yourself" trivialises the true intent, to maximise the company's revenue.

One thing is clear: CC membership won't change the points of your critique, but you may find more joy in what is given.

Have fun!!

RSS