Forums

Help › Forums

Re: FREE GOLF BALLS FOR COUNTRY-CLUBS:

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 6 2011 7:54 AM (6 replies)
  • royphillips1
    1,278 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2011 2:20 PM

My club is a play for fun set-up, with 90, odd members. plenty of free tournaments every week, the Guy's and girl's like it as it is. and  l try to make things a bit more interesting by setting up league events linked to individual player points table's, Knock-out Tournaments that seem to go on forever. A  Club Dial-up league  just about everything l can think of. 

But there are no credits available to buy equipment like golf balls to give out as prizes, it would be great if W.G.T could allow Country clubs a  small free allocation of golf ball's each month for Owners/Secatarys to give out as prizes. that would be a good P.R  Gesture.

• raimon10
    2 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2011 5:09 PM

Seria genial.

Un saludo

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2011 5:12 PM

Ask your members to sponsor your comps, doesnt have to be alot

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Thu, Nov 3 2011 10:34 PM

SPINO1:

Ask your members to sponsor your comps, doesnt have to be alot

Your membership can sponsor events like spino1 suggested. 

Roy, Ill sponsor your first one.  Have a  country club tourney this week titled "Free Golf Balls" If at least 20 of your members posts a score and I'll gift 300 crs in balls. You can choose if you want just a sleeve of calls to the winner, or break it up to say a sleeve of srixon to winner and 1 sleeve of tour-sd balls each for 2nd and 3place finishers.

After tourney is over, post the link to it on my wall, and how you want the balls dispersed.

• royphillips1
    1,278 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2011 10:53 AM

Thankyou RUNWME  That is a Big Hearted offer  to make,  But im Kinda looking to W.G.T To make that kind of Gesture, its not that they cannot afford it , and as  l said it would be  good P/R,  for them,    l  take on Hack,s with  a 150, Average not many clubs will sign them up, and l watch these guy's and girls imitate the clubs Top Players, Buying exactly the Same Top end Equipment,  Right downn to the Balls. and within a few months become Top tier players themselfes, because they had a club that helped and coached them along the way, Had they not been in a club, some would have just given up and left the game   Country Clubs spin a lot of money for W.G.T. and its not asking much for them to give us a little back in the way of a few FREE  Golf-Balls.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2011 2:51 AM

What would be veeery cool is - a CC Credit Pool. We run 6 sponsored tourns. per week. Our members are extremely generous. In the case of a cc that roy is running, signing up NEW players that may have no credits / no equipment / no gb's a Credit Pool would be fantastic. With a "Credit Pool" veteran members could supply the pool with whatever they feel they could afford speaking in terms of "credits".. Those credits are allocated for gb's / clubs / etc..etc...by the owner for the sponsored tournaments or whatever tourns. the club may organize and run. A Credit Pool would be beneficial to cc's especially a cc where you as an owner you could help out New players that you know are doing well (becoming addicted) ..lol, and are going to be around for a while. 

My 3 cents...edge

• bittydog
    623 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2011 7:54 AM

A credit pool is a good idea but, I think it would be an awesome gesture for WGT to do that. Maybe help offset some of the negative comments about them ripping people off for lost balls and stuff like that. It may even work in WGT's favor by getting people in the clubs to play more and use up there balls and have to buy more. And how much could it really cost WGT  because balls are really just a program that they already own. Come on WGT think about it!! Great PR for very little investment.

RSS