Help › Forums

Re: From Hack to Master in 4 Days

Tue, Dec 1 2009 9:33 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • naughty1
    104 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 9:33 AM

rainman692:
    I won't convince you, I know, but why don't you use a friend's nick and pw and try for yourself ? In any case, I would suggest you not to challenge  the good masters (with or without starter clubs), or you might end up with no clubs and no credits... 

No you will not convince me for the reason---Yesterday I played a master that was a 62, and won by 3 strokes. I now have 4 masters from 62 to 68 who could not compete with regular clubs. I will agree that I could not challenge tibbets etc, for they have mastered the mouse, but the other masters will have a problem breaking par with regular clubs. Why the masters will not admit is beyond my comprehension. Perhaps the ego is bigger than the brain.

As far as master tees, all the masters take this on as the other crutch. You will find that the difference between am tees and pro tees is less than pro to master tees. Master tee average for 9 at beth is about 38 yds per hole. When you have a driver and a 3 wood combo that is good for 70 to 80 yds that argument does not hold water

As far as meter speed etc. When you first started the meter speed was soooo fast, but as you played a few rounds you got the hang of it, and all of sudden the meter is moving at a speed you can keep up with. Please do not tell me that this is any different than the faster master speed meter. Practice makes perfect, and I am sure that after playing 10-15 rounds, the master speed can be accomplished just like the am speed when you first started.

Rainman, this is not golf, this is computer gaming. All the problems of the master is only a matter of becoming better with the mouse. All these problems are overcome with practice, and then after the practice is over, you have woods that hit further than superman can leap, irons that are precise, putter that can sink anywhere on the green and scores that are not real. Can you please name me one golfer who ever was able to score 60 everyday. That is how unreal this reality golf game has become, and wait, wgt is coming up with newer clubs that will start your car for you on a cold morning.

Rainman, you sound like a reasonable person, who because of competition got caught in this upgrade club thing. I do not fault you for trying to be competitive, but please do not tell me how difficult it is to be a "master", because it is only a game of the best mousketeer plus how much you can buy to make the mouskettering easier

• rainman692
    54 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 10:57 AM

So tibbets is mastering the mouse (i'll post him a message so he can reply), some clubs swing perfectly by themselves, some putters sink putts automatically, please stop this nonsense...

Once competitions reaches a certain level it is obvious you've GOT TO have the best equipment, but from then on is your SKILL that makes the difference. I don't play golf with my grandfather's clubs, and if he was alive and still played golf he wouldn't either. For the same reason I don't drive a model T Ford, and when I fly I hop on a B777 and not on the Spirit of St.Louis.  Because they are better, that is progress.

Besides, WGT allows us to play the basic game for free, but i'm sure the have spent many many thousands of dollars and countless hours to come up with this game, so it's only fair that they pull 20 buck from us in exchange of many hours of amusement...

If I may, I would suggest 2 things: a) on www.germangolf.de there are tourneys for starter clubs and balls only. Why don't you enter one of them and see how you score ??, or b) use the handicap formula, the difference in rank being the number of shots that the stronger player concedes to the weaker on an 18 hole round. Then play a ranked round from your respective tees each with your preferred clubs.

That is fair competition, a lot better than to force someone to use equipment they are not used to. I wouldn't accept the challenge, at least not before a good re-practice with starters, and I do score pretty well in the starters tourneys on www.germangolf.de.

Best wishes

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 12:08 PM

rainman692:
    some putters sink putts automatically, please stop this nonsense...

You win when you make up something I did not say, but you lose by doing it. I never said anything of the sort. I said that fast meters can be adjusted to, that upgrade putters forgive your inaccuracy, that upgrade irons are more concise, Now you can argue with that, but the reason you buy these clubs is to get that ADVANTAGE

I don't play golf with my grandfather's clubs, and if he was alive and still played golf he wouldn't either. For the same reason I don't drive a model T Ford, and when I fly I hop on a B777 and not on the Spirit of St.Louis. Because they are better, that is progress. 

Again, you can make up the story, but you cannot change the facts. This has nothing to do with your grandfather. The argument is "do upgrade clubs lower your score" so stay with the facts, not something that you can throw on the wall and hope it sticks. If you think that your upgrades do not lower your score, that is ok, we all have a right to an opinion. The facts show that upgrades lower your score, and lower it by a big margin. If that was not the case, why pay money for them. If milk is free, you do not buy a cow

Besides, WGT allows us to play the basic game for free, but i'm sure the have spent many many thousands of dollars and countless hours to come up with this game, so it's only fair that they pull 20 buck from us in exchange of many hours of amusement... 

I agree, and if you have read any previous post that I have made, I made this suggestion. Charge us non buyers a greens fee every month, and those who upgrade play for free. Change status to am's that are paying green fees, and pro master getting their rating by their average. Of course, everytime I have posted this, WGT has not responded . WGT has made a business decision not to sell the game like microsoft links, but to sell clubs, ball etc, and then make them obsolete. That is a business decision, and they bank on the fact that you and many more will continue to buy. I think they are right, because over the last 2 weeks I am finding it very difficult to get a game with someone who uses regs, unless they are hacks and high avg pro

a lot better than to force someone to use equipment they are not used to. I wouldn't accept the challenge, at least not before a good re-practice 

I do not force anyone to do anything, including my husband. All I say is that I do not want to play upgrade clubs, and be a 5-10 stroke disadvantage. It is so hard to believe that after you are a master, with a very fast meter(you say) that the slow meter on the regular clubs would be a problem. Seems to me if I can play a fast meter, I can excel with a slow meter. Sorry, your argument does not hold water. Fast meter makes you very sharp, and slow would just make you sharper

I love to play this game, and I would like to get better, but I am not going to buy my way to get better. I can use money for more important things than showing my name with a low score. I guess that is why upgrades sell so well, men just have bigger ego's than women.

The 4 masters I have played prove to me that the difference between master, 60-70avg and low pro scores (70-73) is absolutely nothing but clubs and ball. I challenge you to find me someone with a 60-65 avg using regular clubs and ball. PROOF IN THE PUDDING

Again, I will say that you seem to be a reasonable man, who has bought into the "buying clubs" and would like to feel his better score is due to his ability to whip the mouse

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 7:05 PM

ANYWAYS..... to get back on the original topic.......!

ironking34:
    Maybe it's possible but how does someone go from a hack to a master in 4 days? They shot a 66 on KI as a hack on 11/26 and on 11/30 they shot a 59 at BP. Maybe it's possible but it sounds like cheating to me.

I know who it is that you are referring to, and for the record, this person is a close relative of mine, I taught him everything he knows.  So yes, it is possible.

• hummbabe00
    207 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 9:33 PM

as i recall, i went from hack to pro very fast, and was almost at the master level. then the tourny i was playing all week at the amateur tees ended and i was shooting from the pro tees. so the way it worked was when you sign up for a weeks tournament, you stay at that level for the entire week reguardless of your being pushed up to a higher ranking. so imo, yes it is very possible to achieve that status of master in 4 days with enough playing and playing the same tournament over and over from , well , even the hack tees. i believe that i could get a new email address and do that very thing right now with a new character.

this is a game and their objective is to hook you into playing and then get you to pay for their products. but realize please, it IS A FREE GAME! amazing that even a gift can be argued over.

• PAGES
RSS