Forums

Help › Forums

Re: My 1st Multi-Round Tournament Experience

Tue, Nov 24 2009 10:04 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 4:36 PM

On the title of this thread I had my own experience. Yesterday I was listed as ineligible to play in the tournament but today I could enter, which I did.

I wanted to find out what the green and wind conditions were so I went to the only link to the tourney,  the Play Now button. I thought I would get to the tourney board and see the conditions. The next thing I know I'm on the tee, ready to play. OIY!  Wrong clubs in the bag, wrong ball and ice cold. To make matters worse I didn't bother to check the tees (assumed it was blue) and it took 3 holes and a lost ball to realize that the WHITE tees were in play.( I couldn't figure out why I was crushing the ball way past where I expected.) DOH! My bad for assuming anything. I learned a costly lesson that landed me in 18th place (so far). Know the conditions before you start...........

Is this just a miss on the tourney board or will the conditions be a secret until you tee off? That would be kinda weird but I suppose you could make an argument for doing it that way if you wanted to prevent practicing under tournament conditions.

Having played round 1 the Play Now button turns into a practice button. The course conditions are different for the practice round. Are they the conditions for the 2nd round?

I really like the whole idea and it's well worth the 100 credits. I was just caught totally by surprise looking for the conditions and exacerbated it by being dumb. WGT would you please make these available before we tee off?

TY'

YJ

• MElli22631
    32 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 12:24 PM

You got caught by the white tees too? Cost me several strokes on the first few holes as well, especially #2 where u can't hit driver with the wind or you lose the ball.

After 2 I finally notice the white tee markers - DOH!

• Longshire
    186 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 10:04 PM

Hope U Master folk keep brain-fartin...DOH!

Remember...on the second round....U are hitting from the black tees!...LoL!

Just Kiddin..good luck!

• PAGES
RSS