Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Match Play Wagers

Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:53 AM (9 replies)
  • shtebs
    38 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 6:48 AM

Why would anyone play for real money when, at any moment,  a hole or match can be lost by the whim of a meter hop, skip and jump? No thanks.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 7:09 AM

Always love the Debbie Downers...

I must have missed the fine print where it said you were required to play in this. People have been asking about ways to wager for months now.

They are just giving us what we want. JMO, but this is one of the best things for the site in a good while. They get their % and we get to wager. Except Tibbs' state and others of course.

• shtebs
    38 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 8:23 AM
    I'm anything but a "Downer". I play regularly (too much), love the site and have never written a negative post. I've just had some recent bad meter experiences and maybe I'm a little grumpy this morning. Hit 'em straight
  • Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 8:49 AM

It does seem to be a bit risky considering some of the bizarre disconnect issues lately. I do like the idea but I think that entering into a game with someone you don't know could be asking for trouble.

On the up side..... congrats WGT on listening and giving your player base what they asked for.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Nov 20 2009 9:02 AM

YES, we highly suggest you only play challenges with people you know.  Real life common sense applies here.  I would never walk into pool hall and play a stranger for cash.

We do listen, seriously we read your emails and forum posts all the time.

• djmoore316
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 5:56 AM
    I was in a search yesterday when someone asked to play for a wage i declined because i didn't know how that worked. Can you tell me how it works and where and how do you wager?
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 6:52 AM

There are 2 Match Play game options on the list-the Match Play Challenge is where you play for credits. A pop-up window will show up in the start screen once you have an opponent. The host sets the wager amount.

@WGT-The way it is set up now there is no negotiating-you play for what the host wants or not at all. Can this be changed to a mutual agreement allowing the invitee to offer a different amount to play for? Or maybe allowing two different amounts to be combined? This might make it more palatable to play a better player if your 100 was going up against 300 or whatever. The pot would be the combined amounts less the vig.  Just a thought (might get ALee a match!)

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 7:39 AM
    you can simply chat to the right of screen to talk about amounts. JB
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 9:29 AM

DOH!  tx, jb-was looking more for the different amount thing.

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:53 AM
    I never play in the match play for credits version. The reason isn't the meter jumps, etc. but the % taken by WTG. Basically you paid 10% to play and only get 90% of the winners cut. You bet 100 to win 80, even in Vegas the odds are better, winner pays no juice and loser pays 10%.
RSS