Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Country Club

Wed, Mar 11 2020 6:52 AM (5 replies)
  • BigT612
    9 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2020 10:00 AM

I never “used” this function. Never played at CC nor played in tournaments etc. what benefits are there for being part of a CC.  Which CC do I “want” to belong to? 

How many should I belong to?  

thnaks  

• AlaskanDame
    18,996 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2020 10:46 AM

You can only belong to one at a time.

If the one you are in has no club tournaments (for variety and for practice, and sometimes to win credits in), then you can quit it and join another one.

CC members can also be a good source of advice about the game.

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2020 8:56 PM

Looks like you are in what we call a dead club. Your owner hasn’t played from back in 2017. Them type of clubs are no fun.

I’d suggest that you take a look in the club corner and look at a few clubs listed there. There are many different types of active clubs. Turf Wars clubs, Clash clubs, mobile clubs, PC clubs……. And many in-between.

Take a look at different clubs and look for one that interest your style of play. But most of all look for a club that has at least 80% or more of it’s members that play most every day.

Good luck.

• jacktrade51
    10,917 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2020 9:19 PM

The 2 club owners who responded ahead of me covered most of it so +1 to their comments.

Also, I am not sure if there is any point staying in your current club.  A lot of clubs will not recruit people who are members of clubs.  If you give up your current "date", somebody might come looking.

Playing some rounds will help too.  You are much more attractive to the suitor if there are recent rounds on your resume.

Tom.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2020 11:43 PM

BigT612:
    what benefits are there for being part of a CC.  Which CC do I “want” to belong to? 
    One benefit is company, so you'd be looking for an active club. Most important: An active owner. Too many owners don't care for the game and for their CC.
    Check him for his "last game" in the CC list, then sort this list for "last game" and look how active the members are.
    Try to talk to the owner, let him invite you - shows his interest in his own CC.

Another, credit-saving, benefit is free Putter Pal + free Shot Pal. Any CC from Level 4 has them.

Other than that, check the CC community after joining. Some have quite strict rules stating what they expect from you. Some socialize, some play matches, some gamble, some play the Clash Events. Some have special interests like sports or veterans, some prefer a certain language, some are international - all facets are available.

There's no costs attached and no obligation to stay - you can leave any time. Just be polite and say good bye.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2020 6:52 AM

AlaskanDame:

You can only belong to one at a time.

If the one you are in has no club tournaments (for variety and for practice, and sometimes to win credits in), then you can quit it and join another one.

CC members can also be a good source of advice about the game.

And with our CC there are always prayer warriors willing and able to play for one another, 

RSS