Help › Forums

Re: Showdown scam

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 9 2020 4:52 AM (40 replies)
  • sammey1
    680 Posts
    Thu, Mar 26 2020 8:09 PM

wedge0837:

is there a shortage of prizes for the finalists, as my inbox is empty and I finalized in the shamrock showdown veteran tier. . . 

Supply chains are messed up because of the virus. 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 7:37 PM

Well, have played in all showdowns to date and have never had a problem until this one.

Was just awarded 3 bogies for holes 1-3, and it says I've played 6 holes but have in fact only played just the 3.  

Opponent did forfeit seems that's still an issue randomly.  I've had players forfeit before without issue.

Emailed CS about it for the credits back.

• billycash74
    2,076 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 5:14 AM

every single showdown this happens yet you guys continue to play it then come here to complain . stop playing the stupid thing and they will either fix it or stop putting it on. if all you guys keep playing these showdowns when we ALL  know they dont function properly, then its not WGT's fault. its yours for continuing to play. its like youre getting into a car with no engine then being pissed off because it wont go. its not the cars fault. its yours for expecting it to go.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 5:32 AM

billycash74:

every single showdown this happens yet you guys continue to play it then come here to complain .

kavvz:

Well, have played in all showdowns to date and have never had a problem until this one.

You are 100% incorrect when you say it's not WGT's fault.

• MaggieMavrik31
    2 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2020 1:05 PM

Hi All - I only started playing WGT last week ... found the game through lockdown here and am really enjoying it whilst I can't play the real thing due to course being closed.  A quick read at this thread and I may have found the answer already - Showdowns don't work.

So my question anyway was - I played the rainy day showdown yesterday in rookie level - and I shot -2.  When I looked earlier today with severals hours of it left I was 5th overall and it said top 50 make the cut.  I came back a few hours later and a message said I'd missed the cut .... hmmm what?!  I had looked previously at the leaderboard and could see there was no way I could miss the cut as there were nowhere near enough players with holes left to play to move me out of top 15 let alone top 50.

So - is the answer that the showdowns simply don't work?  

Appreciate a reply from someone in the know - and please remember this is my first week in the game so totally new to it all.

Cheers from Scotland's Golf Coast.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2020 4:29 PM

MaggieMavrik31 There was a major glitch today with the showdown where everyone was told they didn’t make the cut. It should have been corrected by now.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2020 4:56 PM

It is also possible participation is dropping.  I received a promotion in my WGT inbox saying my 10 cr entry fee would be paid if I entered the Rookie Showdown.

I don't know how many people are getting these, but just noticed it a little bit ago.  

Maybe they are trying to draw back some of the people who stopped playing while the glitches and bug get worked out.   Yet, it sounds like they persist.  

Hope the latest gets corrected for all those participating!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2020 7:44 PM

Just an update...

CS refunded my entry fee no problem at all, so for those thinking they're scamming you they are not.

They are actively working on fixing the issues where players receive unwarranted 3 bogeys.

They'll get it sorted in time.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2020 8:57 PM

What I don't understand is WGT keeps on hosting this showdown thing without fixing the bugs and glitches associated to it, and also the players who are entering it knowing that it has all these issues unsolved.

I'm tired of even watching it happen time after time.

Just DO NOT PLAY IT, folks!

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2020 9:14 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

What I don't understand is WGT keeps on hosting this showdown thing without fixing the bugs and glitches associated to it, and also the players who are entering it knowing that it has all these issues unsolved.

I'm tired of even watching it happen time after time.

Just DO NOT PLAY IT, folks!

A better solution: EVERYONE plays Rookie division. 

RSS