Forums

Help › Forums

Showdown scam

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 9 2020 4:52 AM (40 replies)
  • Claudia7466
    9 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 5:00 AM

I know that...but Montreal is not an expert room. You don’t hit from expert tees. I didn’t play against ant expert players..only trash that tries to ruin the match...like Spiro0 that purposely crashed my game in a different showdown..I just had to play against that same loser in this showdown.

• Claudia7466
    9 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 5:02 AM

But Bellagio is the expert room, not Montreal. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 1:03 PM

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 1:53 PM

Claudia7466:
    but Montreal is not an expert room. You don’t hit from expert tees. I didn’t play against ant expert players.

Sadly, this has been mentioned and discussed since the first showdown was held.  

If you review the division details at the start of the showdown, it list the cost in regards to credits and the designated room being used for that division.

They are using the 100K Montreal  room for the Expert division despite it using the Hard tees which are typically used for Master/TM players. 

If you play in Bellagio during a showdown your score will not count towards your showdown scorecard.  You will have to enter through the showdown and play in the lower stakes coin room.

The irony -  only Legend and above players entering in the Rookie division will play from the back tees (expert tees) in the 100 coin (Paris) room.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2020 12:00 AM

Claudia7466:

But Bellagio is the expert room, not Montreal. 

In regards to showdown.  You are very wrong

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Sat, Feb 15 2020 3:29 PM

My only issue with the Showdown Tournaments is if you look across the fields, Rookie/ Vet/ Expert: A frek'n Tour Champion leads all divisions. These Tournaments are well thought up but they need some serious tweeking to eliminate a TC from having a cakewalk through the Rookie and Vet. fields...

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 5:31 AM

Left to play 3 last holes today. Started great 2 birdies, but bunch of loading pauses and warnings to "check your int. connectivity". I was checking in other window and all I have on internet speed was there...

Game finally came to its greatest point of anointment when my last putt that I already played needed just to drop, but it stood there loading for ages and finally said "saved game no longer exist" 

My whole 3 hole round now is as it didn't happen at all... When I reopened it miraculously resurrected  and started loading faster. I played same round again , but with different pins and out of focus finished worse than in first try

And that happened 2-3 times for me already in showdowns, and weirdly only when I was playing good 3 holes. So to prevent further pissoffff of myself I will not play any of WGT"showdowns" until they figure out how to make working game

Nik

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 10:56 AM
    final round......first hole my opponent quits i get rewarded with 3 over par my first 3 holes.................this is bull sort it out wgt........
  • EchoUK
    51 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 10:05 PM

I totally agree WGT needs to fix this... how come a Tour Champion with an average of 52  is even  in the novice section of the showdown? No wonder he is winning.

This just shouldn't be allowed..... Is this player that desperate to win a tournament that he joins the lowest level so he stands a better chance to win.. The player is TinCupDoc and hope he reads this and explain why is is in the lowest level of the competition with his Tour Champion level and 52 average!!!!

Out of the top 4 position 2 are Tour Champions with 52 averages come on WGT this needs to be fixed

• Infyniti
    27 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 7:36 AM

nerve60:

My only issue with the Showdown Tournaments is if you look across the fields, Rookie/ Vet/ Expert: A frek'n Tour Champion leads all divisions. These Tournaments are well thought up but they need some serious tweeking to eliminate a TC from having a cakewalk through the Rookie and Vet. fields...

Some people haven't figured out yet how to change the level they compete at is one problem.

Another problem is credits. Expert level is 1000 credits. Some people simply don't have that to spend so play in lower tiers.

But also The number of people willing to play for a 1000 credit buyin is dwindling. and  there are several reasons why. 

They still haven't fixed all the bugs to prevent a player from getting 3 bogeys due to the other person dropping out on the first tee. So you bet 1000 credits. Play well and due to something out of your control you're completely knocked out of the top 20.

The Expert level is by it's nature full of the best players in the game. There is zero wiggle room. Everyone in it is very good. So the odds are the top 5 people are the ones that got the best conditions. 

What I mean is that there is complete variance with not only wind direction. But also wind strengths and also green speeds. 

So someone playing 3 holes on let's say Oakmont with 12 greens and medium winds has a harder time going under par on all 3 holes than someone with light winds and 9 speed greens.

Or RSG with high winds and 12s and someone else gets light and 7.9s.

It's not that every one can't still birdie everything but the odds drop.

So more people are figuring out that you can drop from expert and finish top 5 and still not have to get lucky on the conditions.

Plus the payoff is different. 

example first place in veteran is 25x the bet. First place in Expert is 10x the bet.

When showdown first started there was around 170 people that entered Expert. Now it's less than 100. Maybe even less than 80 this time. I didn't play it so don't know. but it's been going down. In the other groups top 50 make the next level. In expert you have to be top 30-35. Just not enough people are playing it. For the reasons i've noted. 

RSS