Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New 64 degree 60 yard wedge.....please!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 14 2019 3:15 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 1:50 PM
    im curious reading this... with the 60degree wedge i always punch for 60 yds.... full spin or release a notch you have 58 to 63 yds covered....maybe im missing something here....3 wedges is more than enough in my bag....
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 2:51 PM

MGB01:
    .maybe im missing something here....3 wedges is more than enough in my bag....

The point for me is only for the meter speed to match the slower meter Mack daddy wedge and be closer to the speed of my other clubs.   Matter of fact, not only do I want a 60yd 64° I'd also need a 80 yrd 60° wedge to match meter speeds better.  But yes, 3 wedges in the bag are definitely enough to get the job done.  :)

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 3:13 PM

SlickHunter:

What may work for you, not necessarily works for everyone. I use 5.0 meter ball, and I couldn’t even catch it most of the time. For me it’s the age factor, eyes aren’t as good.

I get it, I believe you play mobile and for me... I notice the meter speeds much more with wedges on the mobile platform, moreso than on the desktop platform.  

whether it is the larger screen and more viewing time to watch the meter sweep, I believe desktop players find it easier to make this subtle adjustment.  so... having consistent meter speed for wedges does make a difference at least for me especially when playing on mobile.  

while it is not my favorite I opted for the max wedge for the meter speed... it does have some shortcomings compared to the Cleveland out of rough and bunkers but my timing is better so the small benefits of the Cleveland are offset by the miss dings I end up having.  

I would still like to see a 64deg wedge consistent with the PM Grind line but I have posted on it enough with no response so I am not holding my breath.  At this point, while I prefer the 50y version either version would be a slight improvement over what we have …

but chances are... it probably wouldn't change scoring all that much... it is just preference at this point.  We have been left to adapt to what is available for so long... and the more time they allow us to do so... it may actually hurt sales...  you still see lots of people carrying their old Nike equipment and that stuff was phased out before I even started playing.  why change what you know like the back of your hand... mostly impacts newer players possibly.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 3:15 PM
    hpurey:

MGB01:
    .maybe im missing something here....3 wedges is more than enough in my bag....

The point for me is only for the meter speed to match the slower meter Mack daddy wedge and be closer to the speed of my other clubs.   Matter of fact, not only do I want a 60yd 64° I'd also need a 80 yrd 60° wedge to match meter speeds better.  But yes, 3 wedges in the bag are definitely enough to get the job done.  :)

understand you need same meter speed....i use all max wedges for the meter speed ....but yes i have to play around with punch to fill the gap between my 50 yds and 75 yds but i seem to cover my distances well....im very happy with my 3 max wedges....hope you find your perfect combination hpurey....regards mickey
  • PAGES
RSS