Thu, Sep 12 2019 8:42 PM (7 replies)
  • dschlapman
    71 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 1:30 PM

What happened to the orange balls?

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 1:45 PM

The Crystal Volvik balls have been replaced by the Vivid Volvik balls. Same price, same specification but no orange or pearl colours.

• dschlapman
    71 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 1:51 PM

But I like my orange balls.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 1:56 PM

WGT B-XD Balls
    WGT B-ES Balls
    WGT GI-D Balls
    WGT Tour-S Balls
    WGT GI-S Balls
    WGT GI2-D Balls
    WGT Tour-SD Balls
    WGT GI2-S Balls
    WGT Tour GI-S Balls
    WGT GI3-D Balls
    WGT Tour-SD Vapor Balls
    WGT GI3-S Balls
    WGT Tour GI-SD Balls
    WGT Legend GI-SD2 Balls (L30+/Legend+)
    WGT GI3-S Vapor Balls
    WGT Tour GI-SD Vapor Balls
    WGT Legend GI-SD2 Vapor Balls (L30+/Legend+)
    WGT Legend GI2-SD2 Balls (L30+/Legend+)
    WGT Legend GI2-SD2 Vapor Balls (L30+/Legend+)
    Virtual Tour Glenmorangie Vapor Balls

These are the only orange balls available currently, ranging from 14 to 250 credits. Unfortunately the specs are nowhere near the Volviks

• Jettamax
    47 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 2:16 PM
    Hello ... does anyone know what the deal is with the new look callaway balls? I don't mind the look as much as I mind the way they are positioned on the tee with the logo to the side ... 1. it looks goofy 2. having the logo face you gave you a reference from which to judge how much spin to have on the shot 3. NO!!! pro golfer would position their tee shot or putt that way & #4 kinda sucks as I did something I never do & bought 4 sleeves lol only because in the middle of my round when my ball was replaced I wasn't asked to purchase a sleeve so I guess now I'll have use up the Xeyed balls & & see if I can find a comparable replacement ....Think they'd change the ball position lmao
  • PenguinSkip
    2,374 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 2:21 PM

I know they are gone and I have looked everywhere for a petitions or something. So please keep the forum police off of me. This is the closest place I could find for this post.

Is there any chance we can get the white (pearl) Volvik ball back. The vivid are okay for a little bit but I have tried all of them and I want the white back. I'll sign a petition or whatever.

Skip aka PenguinSkip 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 6:50 PM

The

Jettamax:
    Hello ... does anyone know what the deal is with the new look callaway balls? I don't mind the look as much as I mind the way they are positioned on the tee with the logo to the side ... 1. it looks goofy 2. having the logo face you gave you a reference from which to judge how much spin to have on the shot 3. NO!!! pro golfer would position their tee shot or putt that way & #4 kinda sucks as I did something I never do & bought 4 sleeves lol only because in the middle of my round when my ball was replaced I wasn't asked to purchase a sleeve so I guess now I'll have use up the Xeyed balls & & see if I can find a comparable replacement ....Think they'd change the ball position lmao

They do what the company that makes the equipment wants. So I assume Callaway wants the ball positioned that way. By the way the stripes are a good reference point for setting spin. 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Sep 12 2019 8:42 PM

dschlapman:

But I like my orange balls.

Respect.  ;-)

borntobesting:
    the stripes are a good reference point for setting spin. 

Couldn't agree more :)... Trying to get used to them waiting for the yellow ones to work but the meter is taking some getting used to.  Switch back to yellow Titleists and it's instant that I miss the lines on the ball. 

RSS