Help › Forums

Re: Ping G25 vs. Callaway Apex 19

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 12 2019 4:39 PM (4 replies)
  • FriendWhiskers
    4 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2019 12:03 PM

Hello all, 

My apologies for yet another iron post! Many thanks for any input :-)

I currently game the Ping G25s and love them, but am dangerously close to L85 and with it the potential "demo and discount purchase" of the Callaway Apex 19s. My question is if you think the upgrade is worth it. The specs on the Callys are mostly .5 pts better than the Pings, just not sure if that will be a noticeable difference for my game. 

Overall, they look to be good clubs and I like that the gapping will not change much and especially between the PW and my (eventual) 52* wedge. 

Thanks again for reading and your advice! 

-FW

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2019 5:20 AM

I think the two biggest differences that you will see between those two sets is first, the meter speed will a lot slower with the Callys. That will make it easier to hit or get close to the ding. Second, that little extra spin will help hold the greens a little better (although probably not so much if you are using the starter ball).

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2019 7:27 AM

FriendWhiskers:
    I currently game the Ping G25s and love them, but am dangerously close to L85 and with it the potential "demo and discount purchase" of the Callaway Apex 19s. My question is if you think the upgrade is worth it.

No question, IMO. What you're going to find is a big difference in the way the longer irons play-the 3, 4 and 5 irons. They might not make a huge difference right now for you from the closer tees but when you wind up on the back tees, your approaches will be much longer and those high irons will show their worth. Learning them now is a big plus for you.

• DoctorLarry
    4,274 Posts
    Wed, Jun 12 2019 11:19 AM

You have good advice above already!

Go for them!

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Wed, Jun 12 2019 4:39 PM

I see you took the good advice and bought the callies. Nice! Enjoy and good golfing. I love mine!

RSS