Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can we shelve the Gimme question somehow?

Wed, Apr 10 2019 12:49 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2019 12:25 PM

dchallenger:
    Just Click "No".    Got it?

Nope - stay calm. keep your hands together, don't touch or move the mouse!

Any reaction may be a faulty one, but inaction invariably provides the correct result: HE HAS TO PUTT!

• ibprime
    265 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2019 7:31 PM

I think the whole concede thing is dumb. I would like to see a option in the game set up page to automatically  concede a putt less than 2ft for example, or turn concede putt off all together. That way when someone joins your MPC game they can see if concede putts will be allowed or not and if they don't like the option they see they can move on rather than cry about it when a putt is NOT conceded to them.

• Bayeux
    7 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2019 1:40 AM

As the one who started all this I have only one more thing to say: In a real live game of golf, what would you think of an opponent who asked "Can I have a gimme?" every time he had a putter in his hand? That's 40 or 50 times in a full round. I would be inclined to say "Listen, my friend, when I decide to give you a putt, I will let you know."

So I'm asking the WGT programmers (who try to make this computer game realistic) to cancel the constantly irritating question and replace it with a simple press of G for Gimme whenever the user decides to award the putt. Basing this decision purely on distance from the hole won't work, even a 1 ft putt can miss on a sloping green. The decision should be purely that of the putter's opponent.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2019 12:49 PM

Bayeux:
    The decision should be purely that of the putter's opponent.

And that is how the game is coded and played here.  Adding a hidden option to replace a simpler one that does not even require an action by the player is not useful.

• PAGES
RSS