Forums

Help › Forums

Can we shelve the Gimme question somehow?

Wed, Apr 10 2019 12:49 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Bayeux
    7 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2019 10:16 AM

Can I be the only one who is fed up with the option to concede putt appearing every time my opponent starts putting? (Match play of course) This happens even when he is 20 yards away from hole.

I would like this question to be scrapped and replaced by a simple key press (e.g. G for gimme) or some such, IF I decide to concede, That way we can all putt in piece without the screen picture being partly obscured with the question all the time.

Alternatively, if this cannot be implemented, don't put the option up unless the player is nearer than say 5 feet or whatever.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2019 11:18 AM

Bayeux:

Can I be the only one who is fed up with the option to concede putt appearing every time my opponent starts putting? (Match play of course) This happens even when he is 20 yards away from hole.

I would like this question to be scrapped and replaced by a simple key press (e.g. G for gimme) or some such, IF I decide to concede, That way we can all putt in piece without the screen picture being partly obscured with the question all the time.

Alternatively, if this cannot be implemented, don't put the option up unless the player is nearer than say 5 feet or whatever.

At times that questions is very viable. Lets say you are 2 or 3 foot from the hole for a birdie and your opponent is 40 or 50 feet away for bogey then you click yes and he doesn't have to putt and waste a putter pal stroke if he doesn't have unlimited because of his CC. And it saves a few seconds of game time. Plus if you concede even if it is meaningless might cause him to concede. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2019 11:33 AM

Bayeux:

You don't actually have to click a button if you don't want to.  The player will have to putt unless you click concede.  

As Joe noted above, sometimes it is a way to speed up a game (and save a player the embarrassment) for a putt that would mean nothing.

I don't think there is any reason to change what they have now and I suspect WGT will not change it, regardless of distance.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2019 6:33 PM

It's there for a purpose and it serves that purpose.  I think it's ok the way it is.  At least there isn't the same thing to concede the hole every shot you take. ;-)

• Bayeux
    7 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2019 1:41 AM

You're all misunderstanding me. I am not asking for the ability to concede the putt to be removed, I am asking for the displayed option Yes/No to be removed. In its place we need the ability to press a designated button (e.g.G, Ctrl/G or whatever) if we decide to concede the putt. That way we retain the option but don't get our view of the green hampered.  Got it?

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2019 7:50 AM

Bayeux:
    You're all misunderstanding me

Then I guess the part I am misunderstanding is this....

Bayeux:
    That way we retain the option but don't get our view of the green hampered.

Unless you are playing on mobile, or one very small monitor, I fail to understand how the "view of the green is hampered".  

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2019 8:58 AM

hpurey:

Bayeux:
    You're all misunderstanding me

Then I guess the part I am misunderstanding is this....

Bayeux:
    That way we retain the option but don't get our view of the green hampered.

Unless you are playing on mobile, or one very small monitor, I fail to understand how the "view of the green is hampered".  

Mobile doesn’t have match play so the concede putt question never comes up.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2019 10:19 AM

Just Click "No".    Got it?

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2019 10:55 AM

Bayeux:

You're all misunderstanding me. I am not asking for the ability to concede the putt to be removed, I am asking for the displayed option Yes/No to be removed. In its place we need the ability to press a designated button (e.g.G, Ctrl/G or whatever) if we decide to concede the putt. That way we retain the option but don't get our view of the green hampered.  Got it?

No - we are not misunderstanding you.  Your first post was clear - you wanted WGT to remove something from the game interface that bothers you.  You called this a "need" and the replies disagree.

We explained why WGT would likely NOT do that - primarily because there is no demand to do it and it costs them money to make changes.  The concede is used by many players to speed up the game, and I don't want to have to remember to initiate an action during play that is already there.  I suspect this would be a majority opinion of players since I have never heard your request before.

You don't have to push any buttons - just wait if you don't want to concede.

I have no idea how this hampers your view of the green, nor why it matters if you are not the one putting?  Maybe you could clarify that ?

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2019 12:00 PM

Bayeux:
    Got it?

Ummmmm, I'm just wondering what it actually is that you are playing. A 9 year old account with 15 ranked rounds and not a single recorded round of alt shot or match play. Your activity shows you are playing match play with the same other member quite a few times, conveniently that other members account came out of dormancy on the same day yours did. Are you just playing practice match plays? And are you actually playing with another bonafide player or playing with yourself?

No, no, no, never mind, I really don't need an answer to that.......

• PAGES
RSS