Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Gao Annual Four-Day Event 2009

Fri, Oct 30 2009 6:22 PM (65 replies)
  • phrasmotic
    46 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 12:22 PM

Day 4 match

JTexpress beat phrasmotic (the score is not that important, we agreed)

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 12:44 PM

With five hours to go, the Gao Event 2009 is nearing its close. I have made one change: wilducrest, who has been almost completely inactive and has not made any motion to play his matches this tournament, has not been removed from the event; but all of his opponents that tried to contact him will get something for their efforts - because they wouldn't have played their matches for any reason despite what they did. As such, BolloxInBruges and JTxpress have each received one point back, which gives JTxpress sole possession of second place and BolloxInBruges a tie for seventh place as of the end of Day 3 (the standings are not updated with Day 4 scores until the end of Day 4).

To VEGANG1228: I've explained this to you multiple times. It doesn't matter whether wilducrest has been active or not, because even if he was active, your non-contact would have caused the match to not be played anyway. The point of this tournament is to play your match, and neither of you did your part to do this. For this reason, you were penalized, and I cannot give you any points back.

To TrevorTurner: Good to see we're back on friendly terms! You wanna talk about red faces ... I was stupid enough to misunderstand your simple quote and even send WGT an e-mail about it, but I quickly rescinded it and it's all good! Sorry for all those issues, my good man.

To ThunderBoltz: It is unfortunate that you were not able to play your Day 3 match with edchavez, but there is nothing that can be done about it now. The fact is, your match was not played, and you didn't make an effort to get it in. However, you played your Day 4 match, which is awesome!

To BolloxInBruges: I'm not sure why you say you wouldn't have won, considering you're without a doubt one of the best players on WGT! Wilducrest was definitely online last night, and he deleted everything on his wall, which means he had to have seen all wall posts; and there's no possible way he didn't see a friend invite, so I guess he's just ignoring everything to do with this tournament. Oh well, I guess - it's his loss.

Get your matches in everyone! I'm preparing a trophy for the winner ...

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 5:26 PM

I was playing my match against my partner. And he disconnected without saying. We were on the 4th green.

• Kobalt46
    276 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 5:36 PM

Well  I know i have hr  left  but i did invite MyNad to my friends list  and he accepted.....I left message on wall and then sent message  with you Gao  also  and no reply...But i do have a tourney at 9 to play  and not gonna wait till last minute for this one..

It was a great tourney maybe(just my thought) give 2 days  for tees     like i said  just a thought..............Thank You Gao

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 5:51 PM

Actually Kobalt, I must end the tournament here; the extended deadline yesterday was only because I didn't notify each player the night before, but today's deadline is 8:30 PM EST, which was over 10 minutes ago. Sorry that you and MyNadsItch won't be able to get your match in on time.

Ed, you have received one point for playing part of the match and having your opponent disconnect with no rhyme or reason. VEGANG1228 has lost one point from his total.

The Gao Annual Four-Day Event 2009 has come to its official close! Congratulations to USA's Kobalt46 on capturing the title, garnering 6 points over four days to clinch a narrow win over countryman JTxpress. Despite a late charge, including a Day 4 win over Germany's phrasmotic, whom he was tied with, JTxpress was unable to overtake Kobalt46, who held the lead from Day 1 and never looked back, holding a 3-0 record. phrasmotic also had a very good tournament, faltering at the end but still taking a respectable third place. edchavez made a surprising late move in the final half of the tournament to become one of just four players in positive figures. Americans BolloxInBruges and VEGANG1228 settled for an even 0 in a tie for fifth place, with America's MyNadsItch and Canada's ThunderBoltz falling just behind, with -1 points. wilducrest was a no-show this entire tournament, and finished with a despicable -6 points.

I would like to say many thanks to every single person who played in my first completed tournament on WGT. You were all very respectful and understanding, and you rolled with the punches, despite the tight deadlines this tourney commanded. Thanks for taking the time to play this, and I hope you will all consider participating in my future tournaments. The winner, Kobalt46, will receive his trophy at some point this weekend. I now declare The Gao Four-Day Annual Event 2009 to be officially completed!

• VEGANG1228
    41 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 6:22 PM

i dont disconnect my client of the game give an error

and edchavez i was winning the match -1 vs +1

but it doesnt matter i tried to contact with him immediately but hes diconnected

but tks for tourney

RSS