Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Cleveland 64 degree wedge and Virtual Caddy

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 18 2019 8:14 PM (9 replies)
  • stupac85
    6 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2019 3:50 AM

I use the three Cleveland wedges 100, 80 and 60 yard clubs. No matter what the yardage of my current shot the Virtual Caddy will never select my 60 yard Cleveland 64 degree wedge for use. No matter what the yardage 40, 50, 60 yards it'll always select the 80 yard wedge

Just wondering if it's only me that has this issue and if there's any way of fixing this?

It's not a major inconvenience but on the odd occasion I've forgotten to change it down and totally messed up the shot.

Thanks,

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2019 9:23 AM

I have the same problem. I tried everything, switching different position nothing works

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2019 9:34 AM

My 64W is a Max, but I think the caddy does the same for me - I had not really thought about it before.

Ocassionally I forget something on my mental checklist (like club, shot type, etc.) and bad things happen!  I don't know of anyway to change or fix it - just have to check it all the time!

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2019 10:25 AM

While I frequently get a longer club than neccessary, my faithful 64° Z-Satin is selected often enough when the distance is sufficiently below it's nominal length of 50 yds.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2019 10:27 AM

stupac85:

No matter what the yardage 40, 50, 60 yards it'll always select the 80 yard wedge

Just wondering if it's only me that has this issue and if there's any way of fixing this?

No and it's because of the way the game is set up. It's all math and doesn't take into consideration where you are other than to look at the DTP and pick the club closest to that number for you, always over. The caddie is the subject of a lot of abuse because of this. LOL

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2019 12:50 PM

I fired / turned off my caddy long ago because he kept handing me the wrong club. I find that carrying my own virtual clubs has not been too burdensome. However, there is a downside. Now when I use the wrong club, I have nobody to blame. 😂 

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 5:26 PM

Yes, same thing here. I routinely have to tell the caddy what a moron he is, and how his incompetence is wasting my time and holding me back from greater success. We discuss his illegitimate heritage, his pour personal hygiene, his unappealing appearance and the innumerable ways in which I am superior to him.

When I do grab the 64 degree wedge and fluff the shot, he tends to get a second volley, too.

:)

It's interesting that several (or all) those Cleve wedges are designated Lob Wedges. I suppose if they felt like it they could go PW, GW, SW, AW, LW or something to differentiate them.

• stupac85
    6 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2019 2:10 AM

**Update**

Having been playing a lot over the last few days I've realised the only time the virtual caddy will select my cleveland 64 degree wedge is when I'm in a bunker. The game must see this wedge as a bunker only wedge or something, even when I'm 30 yards from the pin on the fairway it'll still always select my 80 yard wedge.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2019 5:25 AM

Faz2000:
    I suppose if they felt like it they could go PW, GW, SW, AW, LW or something to differentiate them.

Like by their degrees? 52  56  60  64.

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2019 8:14 PM

Yes, I understand. You can also differentiate by the distance they hit!

I'm just saying there's a few of them called LW.

I don't have a problem accidentally hitting the wrong club. I have a problem willingly selecting the wrong club.

RSS