Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Draw/fade

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 21 2009 2:01 AM (6 replies)
  • jesQuick
    5 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 2:51 AM

I would like to know how the draw/fade is workin out for you guys... I can't get it to work properly. Does it only work when you 'ding' the shot?

Thanks for any input!

Best,

-J

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 7:31 AM

Jes-There is no draw/fade function yet. Moving the dot on the ball just adds topspin or backspin to the ball (I'm assuming that's what you're thinking is draw/fade.)

Hitting the shot early is as close to a draw as you're going to get but this acts more like a pull than a draw plus you lose distance. Hitting late acts more like a slice than a fade and you also lose distance.

Sorry

YJ

• jesQuick
    5 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 7:37 AM

No, thats not what I'm thinking about. Try reading the FAQ on 'How to hit the ball'. That's what I'm talking about.

But thanks anyway!

• jesQuick
    5 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 7:38 AM

From the FAQ: "If you CLICK AGAIN before or after the PERFECT SHOT line, the ball will either hook, draw, fade or slice depending on where you click the button."

I can't really get it to do anything?!

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 7:57 AM

Yes it's in the FAQ, no it is not and has not been 'functional' since the beginning of open beta.  The results are very inconsistent to say the least.  There does seem to be some light on the horizon however.... see here

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 10:01 AM

YJ says:

Hitting the shot early is as close to a draw as you're going to get but this acts more like a pull than a draw plus you lose distance. Hitting late acts more like a slice than a fade and you also lose distance.

Jes says:

No, thats not what I'm thinking about. Try reading the FAQ on 'How to hit the ball'. That's what I'm talking about

Jes say:

From the FAQ: "If you CLICK AGAIN before or after the PERFECT SHOT line, the ball will either hook, draw, fade or slice depending on where you click the button."

Um, isn't that what I just said?

YJ

• jesQuick
    5 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 2:01 AM

Maybe you missed the 'click again' side of it...

Anyway, apparently it doesn't work (anymore). Thanks for your replies everybody...

Best,

-J

RSS