Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Draw/Fade button enabled?

Sun, Jun 5 2011 6:18 AM (7 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 1:09 PM

Is there a draw/fade button in player mode now? I thought I saw something to that effect when I was playing with a friend in match play. It was just above the golf ball, Was I seeing things? If not, How can I enable it?

Have a good one

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 8:31 PM

I saw it.

Click here

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 12:50 PM

Just bumping up...because it was cool...anyone else?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 2:50 PM

Hi Boffman, it was a mirage... it's a feature we are working on but it is not yet ready for release.

• iphyphish
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jun 3 2011 9:22 PM

dude -- code like a madman then and ship draw/fade!  so many of these greens are designed for a draw.  

• JamesTruman
    8 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2011 1:02 PM

Is this fix this on the agenda?  Hard to imagine golf without draws/fades.

• trumpy959
    99 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2011 11:31 PM

You can hit draws and fades by hitting your shots in the DARK blue section of the meter rather than the perfect spot in the center, or the light blue section next to it. Like all shots wind is a factor and when dinging in the DARK blue section of the meter there is a considerable loss of distance but your ball will curve. This technique can also be used for approach shots as well.  

Lets hit a draw from the tee box on hole #1 at Kiawah with no wind as our test. As you look at the little map imagine a second fairway that is directly to the right (if we wanted a fade we would imagine a second fairway to the left) that is a mirror image of the one you are playing. Now position the triangle that is representing your aim on that little map in the middle of the imaginary fairway near your intended landing area.  To hit this draw you MUST ding your shot somewhere in the middle of the DARK blue section of the meter before it reaches the perfect mark in the center. This may or may not be the perfect solution but until WGT adds a shot shaping feature to the game it definately works!

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2011 6:18 AM

Draw and fade is obviously something that was thought of from the start as all clubs include a shot shaping stat, something that is only relevant if you can hit a draw or fade.  At the moment they all have only 1/2 dot but hopefully when they finish sorting the program out this stat will be filled in.

RSS