Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2016 6:14 AM

phred952:

I would, but the first time I tried to hit a 5 ft putt on Legend (Stimp 12) greens using your system I came up with this math:

5 - 11 =  -6.  I couldn't figure out how to hit a putt -6 ft, so I quit the round.

Perhaps you need to rethink the logic of what you said.

phred952 

Oh come on Phred that one was easy. You putt backwards 6ft.

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2016 6:31 AM

pdb1:
    Good help tips to , in this "Putting Tip Distance Control" thread. 
    There are many great tips to help with putting distance control already posted on this thread. Maybe Ijack would have been better off reading through the thread and learning something about putting distance control rather than posting a load of nonsense that clearly doesn't work.

pdb1:
    Nice to know we can always come here and get our bubble burst, belittled, made fun of. 
    Wasn't making fun or belittling anyone. Just pointing out that his one putt stat shows that his "system" does not work.

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2016 7:25 AM

IJACK21:

putting speed & distances

This is simple and has always worked for me....

You'll know what type of green you'll be shooting by looking at the highest-tier member of your group.  If that is a master, greens will be Very Fast.  If there is a Tour Master, that will be Tournament.  If there is a Legend, the greens will say "TOURNAMENT" BUT IN FACT THEY ARE LEGEND TOURNAMENT GREENS, SO BE AWARE.

Slow = -10%

Standard = add 2 ft to putting distance

Fast = deduct 4 ft from putting distance 

Very Fast = deduct 7 ft from putting distance

Tournament Speed = deduct 10 ft from putting distance

Legend Tournament Speed = deduct 11 ft from putting distance

At least he is good with HTML code.

• quelani
    219 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2016 11:38 AM

No one will ever be able to belittle me on this or any other thread in the forums....the reason?.......I already be little......I am roughly 5 foot nothing.

• Highglove
    53 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2016 3:53 PM

My one putt % is 38.97%. Not the greatest in the world, but adequate. My problem is more aim rather than speed. These adjustments have worked for me:

Fast (9)                         Add one foot to the distance

Very Fast (10)              Multiply the distance by .88

Tournament (11)         Multiply the distance by .8

Tournament (12)         Multiply the distance by .75

Championship (13)    Multiply the distance by .7

Give it just a little more for an uphill put, and a little less for a downhill, particularly on Tournament and Championship speeds.

• IJACK21
    49 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2016 7:25 PM

to Highglove 

Tried your adustments  they work good too. Thanks for the info. Yours is the best yet. Thanks again....

IJACK21

• Highglove
    53 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2016 8:12 PM

IJACK21:

to Highglove 

Tried your adustments  they work good too. Thanks for the info. Yours is the best yet. Thanks again....

IJACK21

You're more than welcome. I got those when I started a couple of years ago. They may have even been somewhere on this thread, considering how far it goes back.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2016 2:41 AM

5ft 1" ~

• srymbar
    8 Posts
    Sun, Feb 19 2017 6:31 PM

I think the game plays with me.

RSS