Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • Heath021
    378 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 7:47 AM

PDB1,

I have 7 years and 7500 rounds played at this game and still don't understand the inconsistencies to this game. Especially putting.  Someone in this thread said the best players can adjust the speed and break depending upon how the day is going.  LOL! WTF!

What are they a real wizard that can foresee the future.  Come on please! If you are naive enough to believe that well than, I have nothing else to say.

Happy Hitting

• dryspot
    690 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 8:49 AM

I have to agree with you on that one i got 6 yrs myself. and i still dont understand it.

• dryspot
    690 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 11:06 AM

same here i have it also  how do u calculate dose the sheet have 1 or do u have to use your own calculator  thank you.

• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 12:04 PM

dryspot,  what is your question?  I don't understand.

• BogeyATsix
    7 Posts
    Mon, Oct 3 2016 8:56 PM

I'd like to make the task in hand simple. In putting, I do not adjust aim point for breaks. I hit the meter left or right of center for breaks. Of course, your roll speed is reduced when you use this technique. Adjust accordingly. My putting average has improved ever since.

• yldcatz
    65 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 11:26 PM

+1

• IJACK21
    49 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 7:41 AM

putting speed & distances

This is simple and has always worked for me....

You'll know what type of green you'll be shooting by looking at the highest-tier member of your group.  If that is a master, greens will be Very Fast.  If there is a Tour Master, that will be Tournament.  If there is a Legend, the greens will say "TOURNAMENT" BUT IN FACT THEY ARE LEGEND TOURNAMENT GREENS, SO BE AWARE.

Slow = -10%

Standard = add 2 ft to putting distance

Fast = deduct 4 ft from putting distance 

Very Fast = deduct 7 ft from putting distance

Tournament Speed = deduct 10 ft from putting distance

Legend Tournament Speed = deduct 11 ft from putting distance

RSS